Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edge 305 on Windows 8

• 23-11-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭

Any chance anybody is using a Garmin Edge 305 on Windows 8?

Works fine with my Vista computer, but I get a Code 10 error on Windows 8, which basically means that even though you have the latest drivers installed it still can't connect. Can't find it on my computer and upload manually.

Any suggestions? Have the latest Garmin Communicator software etc. Only thing I haven't done is get Windows 8.1 yet, still on 8.0.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Also, I assume it's normal for these units not to behave like a normal USB device?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

I have windows 8 and am connecting a garmin 500 to it. Every time I connect it, windows tells me there is a problem with the drive, it cannot be read, and asks do I want to repair it. I just ignore it and when I go in to Strava or Garmin connect and tell it to upload an activity, it does it fine every time.
    It does show up as a drive in my computer and can be opened and explored the same as any other drive.
    Not much help I know but best I've got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

darkvalley wrote: »
    I have windows 8 and am connecting a garmin 500 to it. Every time I connect it, windows tells me there is a problem with the drive, it cannot be read, and asks do I want to repair it. I just ignore it and when I go in to Strava or Garmin connect and tell it to upload an activity, it does it fine every time.
    It does show up as a drive in my computer and can be opened and explored the same as any other drive.
    Not much help I know but best I've got.

Thanks for that, can't open mine as a drive at all. When I plug it into the USB it installs the drivers, and then nothing happens. I can see it through the device manager, where I can see the Code 10 error and that I have the most up-to-date drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

Have you any android phone syncing software installed. I see over on Garmins site some people solved similar problems by uninstalling either "Samsung Kies" or HTC sync

Advertisement