Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist Tweeter Cleared Of Careless Driving

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

According to witnesses, she came around the corner on the wrong side of the road. I imagine you need to weigh up the probabilities of who's telling the truth here, the woman who knocked a cyclist down, left the scene of the accident and was convicted for it, or the cyclist who has (admirably) kept a low profile and not pursued the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

A full review of road traffic laws needs to be done both here and in the UK.

Yet another tragic story of a man knocked off his bike and killed by a woman in her car who was "dazzled by the sun" and didn't see the cyclist.. And was let off with a caution..:mad:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2511334/Author-killed-cycled-country-road-female-driver-dazzled-winter-sun.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    A full review of road traffic laws needs to be done both here and in the UK.

Yet another tragic story of a man knocked off his bike and killed by a woman in her car who was "dazzled by the sun" and didn't see the cyclist.. And was let off with a caution..:mad:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2511334/Author-killed-cycled-country-road-female-driver-dazzled-winter-sun.html
    The totally understandable desire to keep driving when you can't see the road ahead of you. Nothing blameworthy here. Next case!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

I think this case makes this article ring true even more (previous thread)http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/opinion/sunday/is-it-ok-to-kill-cyclists.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3&

I know from my own experiences the gardaí dont take much interest unless your being carted off in the back of an ambulance.

Maybe I am wrong in saying this but despite the obvious benefits of the bike to work scheme, I don't think enough forward thinking was done in relation to motorist-cyclist issues and also forward planning of safe, reliable cycle lanes that are not littered with glass, pot-holes and grates etc.

Regardless of this, I love cycling and I will continue to do so

Advertisement