Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4 bed en suite system

Options
  • 19-06-2013 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

I'm renovating a 3 storey rental property at the moment, looking for en suite in four bedrooms,two bedrooms each on 2nd and 3rd floor.
    I have had several quotes from plumbers which vary in price and systems to be used.
    TBH I'm more concerned about having the correct system installed rather than prices at the moment.
    The house has a shared water supply with the house next door, which is currently empty and for sale,the water pressure is good at the moment but this will probably drop when the other house is in use.
    The general view seems to be, 300 ltrs or larger dual coil tank,on the 2nd floor, with booster pump(s) to the showers, several large water storage tanks in the attic daisy chained together and a standard/system boiler, located on the ground floor to run it all along with circa 18 rads.
    I'm probably second guessing myself but just wondering if this system in general is the optimum or is there better options out there.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

I dont see any problem with that system. However a site survey maybe best to advice on alterations or best system possible for cost comfort and efficency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

What do you mean by shared water supply with house next door , are you on the public water main ?
    Make sure your heating system is zoned , ie upstairs , downstairs and hot water , if your budget allows it look at solar or another type of water heating which you could be available , while renovations are taking place now is the time to do as much work as possible to avoid ripping the place apart again .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

sullzz wrote: »
    What do you mean by shared water supply with house next door , are you on the public water main ?

iv seen some queer set ups around cork city.Public main feeding 2/3 properties. (no joking) a breaker tank is usuallly required. thats why i mentioned a survey. pressure some times needs help to get to the attic. fit a tank and pump and boost to the tanks in attic. depending on system been used

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭housetypeb

The water supply for the house is situated in the back yard,it's an old lead pipe that runs under the jack wall and through the house next door out to a stopcock in the pavement outside their front door,the stopcock controls the water for both houses, luckily for me the house next door is empty at the moment.
    I've rang the city council and they suggested they could dig up the pavement from the stopcock next door to my front door and install another stopcock there, for a price.
    I asked what happens when water meters are installed and they told me that they don't have a policy on that yet, in the meantime I ran a new water pipe which can be connected later from my front door to the back yard under the new concrete floor to future proof my options.

Advertisement