Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton electric shower noise ??

• 06-06-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Hi all . Lately the electric shower at home has began make funny noises while in operating . Whining noises and generally alot louder than usual. The shower is a triton unit and is at least 7 years old . I regularly clean the shower head itself as there seems to be hard water in our area and the head itself builds up a certain level if a lime scale after around a month of use and partially blocks the small water hole outlets on the head piece . Over the last week or so no matter how clean the head is , it still makes this whine noise throughout the duration it's in use . This noise was never here before . Is it the pump on the way out? Or a whole unit replacement ? Ps the water pressure is good and temperature control is also good . Any help is greaty appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

I'm assuming its a T90 of some description. Sounds like the pump could be going.
    Expensive to replace when you consider the price of a new shower and the fact that you have hard water in your area its bound to have deteriorated other parts.
    If you're not confident, have someone with a bit of know how listen and take a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 11united11

HI this is the first time using Boards, wonder if anyone can help. im looking at a Triton t90xr thats not heating, Seems to be pumping correctly may need new brushes but thats not a problem. I put an amp meter on the live to the element unit and its drawing 13amps approx. but no hot water not even cool, any ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

11united11 wrote: »
    HI this is the first time using Boards, wonder if anyone can help. im looking at a Triton t90xr thats not heating, Seems to be pumping correctly may need new brushes but thats not a problem. I put an amp meter on the live to the element unit and its drawing 13amps approx. but no hot water not even cool, any ideas

On the top of the element there is a stat is there 240 going through it if so elements fecked.
    If no supply through stat stats fecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Colash wrote: »
    Hi all . Lately the electric shower at home has began make funny noises while in operating . Whining noises and generally alot louder than usual. The shower is a triton unit and is at least 7 years old . I regularly clean the shower head itself as there seems to be hard water in our area and the head itself builds up a certain level if a lime scale after around a month of use and partially blocks the small water hole outlets on the head piece . Over the last week or so no matter how clean the head is , it still makes this whine noise throughout the duration it's in use . This noise was never here before . Is it the pump on the way out? Or a whole unit replacement ? Ps the water pressure is good and temperature control is also good . Any help is greaty appreciated
    I recently replaced the brushes on mine. Wasn't making noises in fairness but it is something to look at. They were €20 in a local hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 11united11

Ronnie g would it still be pulling the ampage even with the stat or element gone. Thanks for your reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

11united11 wrote: »
    Ronnie g would it still be pulling the ampage even with the stat or element gone. Thanks for your reply

Sorry Didnt see that part
    If it pulling 13 amps something has to be heating afterall that's around 3kw of heat so it should be noticed.Not sure what way the heat selector switch is done without looking at one so its another posiblity

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kneenooth

Hi guys, I have a Triton T90xr for over a year now. I just had the pump assembly changed as there was a problem and it was still under warranty. Now I am experiencing a noisy shower when you start it. No signs of hot water coming out. I opened the shower and bleed the pump as this seems to do the trick after. But this works on a day and it's starts again doing that rumbling noise the next day. Can you please help finding a solution.

Advertisement