Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmins are waterproof

Options
  • 23-11-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

I got home from today's club spin, and couldn't find my 305 to upload the spin data onto Strava and ride with GPS. About an hour later my other half walked in saying it had fallen from my jacket pocket while removing it from the washing machine. Panic stations followed until I realised that it's working fine. Chapeau to Garmin.:):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

I have one of them. Good to know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No Pants wrote: »
    I have one of them. Good to know.

Same, just took it for it's first spin yesterday, very nice feel to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So what your saying is that they can be washed if they get dirty?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

glad the op got lucky, but i wouldn'y use that as a generic statement that all the rest of ours are waterproof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Same, just took it for it's first spin yesterday, very nice feel to it :)
    Actually I just realised that I don't have one, I have a 500. Brainfart! :o

Still good to know though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

This might not mean that the Garmin is great, but rather that the washing machine is rubbish!! :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Should this thread be merged with the Garmin not sinking one?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

the little usb port is know to rust up and cos problems with the upload so make sure your rubber is in place :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

the little usb port is know to rust up and cos problems with the upload so make sure your rubber is in place :)

Always good advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

I think this is the third time I've heard of someone doing this and the device emerging unscathed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Isn't the 305 a triathlon device and therefore presumably designed to be submerged in water?

Isn't the 305 a triathlon device and therefore presumably designed to be submerged in water?

Depends, there's both a Forerunner 305 and an Edge 305.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Too late already got two kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Ging and I

Did you download the "spin " cycle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Mine is the Edge 305. I know I'm very lucky to still have it in use. Stupid out of me not to empty it from my pocket in the first place. It's 4 years old now and I was thinking of upgrading to the 510 because I couldn't find an out front mount for it. Having sorted that out it looks like I might have it for a while longer. Not sure whether there is an average life span on them.

Advertisement