Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seal gone on Salamander pump

• 19-06-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Finally got my new shower hooked up this eve only to find the seal is gone on the hot side. We didnt get it brand new from a shop, we got it from a friend of a friend in the trade that happened to have one lying around. It was never used before but it was lying idle for a while in an attic.

any idea where i can get a new seal?

Tia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

You wont, they are junk pumps, a pump that is sitting aroubd like that goes dry and the seals crack, even if u get a seal b very carefull, another seal goes and you are pumping water around your upstairs floors and thats a disaster waiting to happen, Salamander , & especially the older ones had massive problems and went through loads of agents who gave up on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ok sound.
    It cost me nothing, plumber reckons its worth between around 400e so it'd be an awful pity if i had to go buy a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ok sound.
    It cost me nothing, plumber reckons its worth between around 400e so it'd be an awful pity if i had to go buy a new one.

It was worth 140euros tops, wouldnt get him back, you could buy a really good pump like a Stuart Turner for 1/2 that nearly, he his not offering you much in the way of good advise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Its an RSP75, coming in at quite a bit more than 140e..
    But anyway.

Can a seal be got?

Advertisement