Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

immersion not working

Options
  • 13-06-2013 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Boiler has dual immersion, the sink one has never worked but the bath one has now stopped. The apartment is 6yr old. My wife is 9mth pregnant and we have a 4yr old who thinks he is bob the builder and does go to bed. In the limited time I have had to look at this evening there is power to the immersion timer as its lit and clicks on and off. I am based in ringsend Dublin. If I cannot manage to get it working tonight Does anyone know a decent plumber or electrician to fix this as it couldn't happen at a worse time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pmurphy7

Its a shol immersion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It is possible that the high limit on the stat has tripped out.
    Isolate the power at the fuse board.
    Ensure the timer is off.
    Remove the covers on the immersions.
    Take a very close look at the thermostat, this is the unit in the centre of things with a liitle dial on it.
    You are looking for a small button near the dial the size of the tip of a pen, most of the thermostats have them nowadays.
    If you find them, using a pen, give it a push inwards. You should hear a distinct click, if you do, more than likely they will re set and start working again.
    If this does not work then you may need to change your immersion elements or the thermostats.

Advertisement