Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaining weight with vegtables

Options
  • 15-06-2004 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Is it possible to gain weight by eating large amounts of vegtables and fruit, without adding anything or cooking them differently. If so, how much would you need to eat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manzana

it is possible, but not easy.

to gain weight, you need to lower your metabolism (use your car, dont walk! watch tv..), and eat more than you consume.

without using significant amounts of oil, it is hard.

if you consider dairy products vegetarian, gianing weight is easier. so cheeses aren't that light.

of vegetables, avocados have nearly 50 % of fat. but it is not easy to eat 10 avocados. i can eat one, a day, but that is it. with one, hard to put on weight.

nuts and almonds etc, dried food, all seeds and such, are vegetarian, so if you eat a lot of nuts, seeds, etc you can put on weight, it's not impossible. it's not easy to eat so big amounts of the seeds etc though.

if you are a hard core vegan (no milk), you can pretty much eat what you want without worrying. :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

My maximum weight has been almost the exact same since I was 14. A few months ago I decided to try putting on a few pounds so I started eating in Supermac's every day but it didn't work. I also worked weekends in McDonald's for 8 months, taking full advantage of the free meals, and didn't gain any weight. I seem to have a very fast metabolism, however, I am still only 18. You seem to be the same.

Maybe try some of those drinks that are meant to help you gain weight.
    *HOWEVER* I don't know anything about them so I can't tell you if they're good for you or if they work or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Originally posted by Aze
    Is it possible to gain weight by eating large amounts of vegtables and fruit, without adding anything or cooking them differently. If so, how much would you need to eat

age, a desk job and a couch potato lifestyle will do the job....

Advertisement