Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show : April 30th 2011

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

What band was that that closed the show guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Who was that band?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭mystique150

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Who was that band?

http://www.idrawslow.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

It wasn't a "dodgy cheque" at all, the cheque cashed out perfectly.

It's the company's own fault. They wrote you out a cheque, they can't turn around then and say that they "oh we didn't really mean it".

His attitude and the attitude of the audience is really crazy. :confused: There's nothing funny about him wanting to keep the money. They gave him a valid cheque and he cashed it, no ifs or buts about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

jos28 wrote: »
    ^ True, apologies - I withdraw !

img_1968_withdraw-withdraw-withdraw-late-late-show.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's the company's own fault. They wrote you out a cheque, they can't turn around then and say that they "oh we didn't really mean it".

Agree completely.. I hate that whole junk mail trick of duping people in to opening their mail because "you have won a big prize".. it's unfair and should be outlawed.. Some (naive) people will genuinely believe it to be true...

So if they want to bombard you with a load of fake cheques as a ruse to fool you into reading their rubbish marketing, then THEY are responsible for making sure the cheques are fake.. Fair play to that guy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's late, I'm sober and I've nobody to talk to :( , so here's my synopsis:

- Brian Ormond and Pippa O'Connor..
    Brian seems like a nice guy, really honest about the singing shows.. amazing to think he doesnt sing any more.. She seems like a bit of a diva... Not sure about them selling their marriage to try to promote their careers though
    - The Four Jockeys..
    Nina is a good looking girl, Paul seems like a sound chap, Katie is meh, and I fukn HATE Ruby Walsh..
    - Cheque Man
    It's an interesting story, should definitely make a film out of it.. Love to know how it ended.
    - Louis Walsh.
    Self promoting little twat.. "RTE dont play enough Irish singer songwriters"..
    Q: How many singer songwriters do they put through in X Factor?
    A: None. Because they want young, pretty, naive people who they can control.. Nobody with original material.. Give them a one album deal of covers, then completely abandon them when they bring in a new batch of kids for the next year's X Factor.... The sales/profits/success are X Factor centric, not talent centric..

I'm going to bed.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It's late, I'm sober and I've nobody to talk to :( , so here's my synopsis:

- Brian Ormond and Pippa O'Connor..
    Brian seems like a nice guy, really honest about the singing shows.. amazing to think he doesnt sing any more.. She seems like a bit of a diva... Not sure about them selling their marriage to try to promote their careers though
    - The Four Jockeys..
    Nina is a good looking girl, Paul seems like a sound chap, Katie is meh, and I fukn HATE Ruby Walsh..
    - Cheque Man
    It's an interesting story, should definitely make a film out of it.. Love to know how it ended.
    - Louis Walsh.
    Self promoting little twat.. "RTE dont play enough Irish singer songwriters"..
    A: None. Because they want young, pretty, naive people who they can control.. Nobody with original material.. Give them a one album deal of covers, then completely abandon them when they bring in a new batch of kids for the next year's X Factor.... The sales/profits/success are X Factor centric, not talent centric..

I'm going to bed.. :(

will you sleep better now :D

The show was ****e

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Some (naive) people will genuinely believe it to be true...

But in this case it was actually was true, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

"RTE dont play enough Irish singer songwriters"..

Couldn't have put it better!

• Advertisement
Advertisement