Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game of Thrones is either censored, no ads or schedule mistakes in the 9pm version

• 02-05-2011 3:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

Please do not say anything about the third episode here.

The previous two weeks, I've watched the later version. Part of why I srecorded and watched it later is noticing this disparity, but after checking online it just didn't seem right. How could I be the only person who noticed this or cared about it?! And thinking about it now it still seems a little far-fetched, but the numbers don't lie.

What else could be the reason for this large difference in times? Could it be possible that it's actually censored at the earlier time?

I think I will tape both version this week to see where this is coming from. None of the other programmes have this.

Both of the episodes run for 60 minutes, the first one slightly over it. Only if there are no ads on Sky Atlantic during this or the programmes are scheduled incorrectly would this be possible.

Did the people who saw the earlier episode see:

1. What appears to be a non-human creature slicing off the soldier's head in the first episode and throwing it at Gared.
    2. A long scene of Dany naked with Viserys there having undressed her in the first episode.
    3. In the scene with Tyrion and the "whores", can you see everything except her frontal part in the first episode.

4. Doreah (Dany's servant) say she was in a "pleasure house" since she was nine in the second episode.
    5. Drogo doing Dany from behind while you could see her breasts early on in the second episode.
    6. Drogo's behind before he mounts Dany in the second episode.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what early version are you talking about? it's on monday nights at 9 or 10pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

It's on 9pm-10pm and later 12:30am-1:45am.

well i watched ep 2 on atlantic at the early time and I saw all that stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Were there ads?

yeah

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ OP gone loopy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

OP it seems you are a little emotionally involved in this TV series .. Take a chill pill! It's only a tv show not a conspiracy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

All those scenes were in the 9pm version. 9pm is the watershed so why wouldn't Sky show it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,126 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The OP's problem will be resolved after the inevitable launch of the Sky Tits and Bums Channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I didnt watch the first episode on Sky, I watched it online, and it ran for 1hr & 1 minute (no ads).

The second episode last week, i watched at 9pm on Sky Atlantic, was over at 10 and only had one ad break during it, which was a delightful change form the usual Sky programming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement