Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access issue - Visa Card??

Options
  • 13-09-2010 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

In the US you can buy Visa cards in the Supermarkets and top them up with Cash ie. Prepaid.

Does anyone know if there is anything similar here in Ireland?

Basically I have Mastercard but need to have access to VISA also in the part of the World I am going to work in.I cannot get one from a Bank on such short notice and also my transaction history has been pretty much diabolical the past 6 Months - I am leaving next month.

Many thanks for any advice on offer :D

Cullen82

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

this might help.
    https://www.3v.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

what about getting a visa debit card here. A lot of banks have them now including Ulster bank and PTSB. Easy enough to get, just open a current account and will be linked to that like a laser card. and will be accepted as normal like any VISA.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Thanks guys, Do AIB do VISA Debit?

Might drop into Ulster Bank and check it out.

Cheers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

AIB don't do Visa Debit. UB do and ptsb is rolling them out as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

BuffyBot wrote: »
    AIB don't do Visa Debit. UB do and ptsb is rolling them out as we speak.

Might sound like a silly question but are there any terms re opening a Visa Debit or can I just lodge €500 and walk away with a Debit Card with VISA Facility?

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement