Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rush hour on the M50 ??

• 13-02-2008 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I am heading to a wedding tomorrow in Ennis, Co Clare, from North Dublin tomorrow.

AA route planner tells me,

Travel Time is: 3 hr 52 min
    Total Distance (Km):

The wedding starts at 2pm i would like enough time to check in to my hotel in Dromoland and drive back to the church (extra 20min drive).

My question is, (bearing in mind the M50 is a nightmare) what time should i leave at to get there on time?

any comments welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Nine O'Clock should be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Couple of tips if you are not familliar with the area.

The AA says to go via Limerick City. This would not be a good idea as there is no pleasant way yet of crossing Limerick City. Limerick is only bypassed on its Eastern side and there is only two bridges in the City Center to cross the river.

I would recommend turning off at Birdhill, making your way towards Kilaloe and then onto Sixmile Bridge. Traffic is less, although the road is not as good either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

In ye olden times, I used to go Dublin - Athlone - Loughrea - Ennis.
    Could avoid Limerick which wasn't bypassed. Loughrea to Gort road was not a great road, but less traffic than N7.
    Similar distance and good roads to Loughrea which has been bypassed now, so you'd need to go into town to get on Gort road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'd be leaving at 7am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Victor wrote: »
    I'd be leaving at 7am.

I'd head now before the morning rush "hour" starts in a few hours time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

i'd turn off after nenagh

ballina - killaloe - tuamgarney - bodyke - ennis (45-60 mins from the turn off)

I travel to ennis quite a bit, it takes 2.3hrs to 2.45hrs from the red cow

do you drive on the M50 during rush hour at all? You do realise that due to the road works its in MORE of a jock than usual? leave in half an hour

rush hour can be from 7am sometimes on until 10am. all it takes is on crash to ruin your day.

You could consider crossing Blanch and down to Lucan and across the new ring road to the N7 (near Baldonnell) but sure traffic traffic everywhere and not a drop to drink

let us know how you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Someone call the hotel in Dromoland after 1:30 and find out if he made it.

• Advertisement

LOL

I reckon he is still on the M50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭steyr fan

He's probable trying to find his way off the Mad Cow spagetti heap

Is this guy still lost?

Advertisement