Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC External Bell not sounding

Options
  • 21-07-2014 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,

I have a HKC system installed since 2007. The external bell always worked but have noticed that it is no longer making noise. I have checked the fuse (F4) on the HKC panel and it is ok. I also checked the wiring just in case and all is ok there too.

There are no tampers or faults coming up on the panel and during a bell test the LEDs are lighting but the box makes no sound.

Just wondering could it be the siren itself that is gone or would it be related to a battery or some other issue? Not sure if a battery needs to be replaced in the bell box.

I have not looked at the bell box itself yet as I have no ladder.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

System: HKC Secure Watch c2006
    Bell: SAAB (HKC) slimline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

brylcreem wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a HKC system installed since 2007. The external bell always worked but have noticed that it is no longer making noise. I have checked the fuse (F4) on the HKC panel and it is ok. I also checked the wiring just in case and all is ok there too.

There are no tampers or faults coming up on the panel and during a bell test the LEDs are lighting but the box makes no sound.

Just wondering could it be the siren itself that is gone or would it be related to a battery or some other issue? Not sure if a battery needs to be replaced in the bell box.

I have not looked at the bell box itself yet as I have no ladder.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

System: HKC Secure Watch c2006
    Bell: SAAB (HKC) slimline

If you activate the alarm does the bell ring then?
    * and # will activate a panic on the keypad and should activate the bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brylcreem

Thats how I found out it wasnt working. I activated it by mistake and didnt hear ext bell

Thats how I found out it wasnt working. I activated it by mistake and didnt hear ext bell

What way did you activate the alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brylcreem

opened back door when armed

opened back door when armed

You would need to take the bell down and wire it in on the control panel to see if there is an issue with the box or the cable going to the alarm. If you open it and the bell sounds then it may be the cable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

altor wrote: »
    You would need to take the bell down and wire it in on the control panel to see if there is an issue with the box or the cable going to the alarm. If you open it and the bell sounds then it may be the cable.

I'd check for power at the bell while in a trigger state. If getting voltage at all terminals where it should then it's the bell.

I'd check for power at the bell while in a trigger state. If getting voltage at all terminals where it should then it's the bell.

Agreed, a corroded cable in the bell is what I would be looking out for.

Advertisement