Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25 for a 25 Point In-Depth Car Service Includes Top-Up Oil & Anti-Freeze

Options
  • 21-12-2010 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Can't say what the usual price for this is, as their website is quite poor - but on face value, it seems like a good deal at least.

It's on the http://www.Citydeal.ie homepage right now, with eight hours left.
    25 instead of €63 for a 25 Point In-Depth Winter Car Check Service including Check and Top Up of Oil and Anti-Freeze Top Up from Autoscan

A car is for life - not just for your daily commute, trips to Tesco or impressing the ladies. OK, so this isn't strictly a true or a realistic statement, but here at CityDeal, we're cut from the silver-lining cloth of optimism, and we see no reason why it shouldn't be true. This is why we have teamed up with Autoscan to come up with a deal to keep your motor ticking over smoothly during the nasty big winter freeze.

The 25-point Winter Car Check from Autoscan is usually worth €63, but not today. Instead, you'll pay just €25, saving a handy 60% and leaving you with some extra shrapnel to spend on your Christmas grub. Your car will be getting an intensive once-over to check everything's running smoothly for your petrol-powered friend, including oil and fluid top ups, radiator performance checks and ensuring your battery security, as well as comprehensive checks to identify any niggles and hiccups that might upset your vehicle during the cold weather.

At Autoscan, you'll get that personal touch with your service that you will struggle to find anywhere else. They aim to get you on the road and keep you there with minimal inconvenience to you and your lifestyle. You can be sure that the most up-to-date equipment will be used by the talented technicians to ensure that you will always have peace of mind on your travels.

The full list of service points is as follows:
    1. Check/top up engine oil
    2. Check/top up coolant fluid
    3. Check-top up screen wash fluid
    4. Check power steering fluid level
    5. Check battery security & electrolyte level
    6. Check/top up brake fluid
    7. Check/top up clutch fluid
    8. Check auto transmission fluid level
    9. Check all wiper blades for security / condition
    10. Check / adjust all tyre pressures including spare
    11. Check tyres for condition / damage
    12. Check operation of all external lights
    13. Check all glass and mirrors for cracks / chips
    14. Check coolant anti-freeze strength
    15. Check radiator & coolant hoses for condition / security / leaks
    16. Check fan / alternator & PAS belts for condition / security / adjustment
    17. Check exhaust system for condition / security
    18. Check condition of brake pads & discs
    19. Check brake hoses for condition / security / leaks
    20. Check handbrake operation / adjustment
    21. Check condition of the battery
    22. Check all internal instruments & controls for operation
    23. Check steering, suspension & shock absorbers for condition / security / leaks
    24. Check pollen filter condition
    25. Check operation of washer jets – clean / adjust as required

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

A car is for life - not just for your daily commute, trips to Tesco or impressing the ladies. OK, so this isn't strictly a true or a realistic statement

Eh, yeah it is :)

Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Be careful here..

it says a 'top up of oil' but in areas it says its a 'change of oil'

I would think that a lot of people (including one of the girls in the office) read this as a very cheap car service.. When it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,338 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

For someone who doesn't look after their car it's a bargain, for someone who does it's not worth it as your just checking and topping up items, nothing is getting replaced, no spark plugs, no filters which would normally be included in the majority of services. A regular oil change is the most important piece of maintenance for your engine, topping it up is just mixing new oil with bad oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Sounds like a complete rip off and waste of money to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Passed on this one as the "change of oil" and "check oil" was a no brainer for me (they need to reword the ad). An oil change alone is worth a lot more than that and as "a girl" i check my oil regularly.Its not the same thing!!!This is really for someone who does nothing bar drive and hope for the best tbh.All it will do is point out the obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

City Deal have a seven day cancellation policy for anyone that did purchase the deal and would like to change their mind.
    Right to cancel:Once we send you the Voucher, you may cancel the transaction at any time within 7 working days from the day after the day that youreceive the Voucher (where a working day is any day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or English public holiday). If you do want to cancel, you must do so by sending us an email to tell us you are cancelling to: support@citydeal.ie or writing to us or sending us a fax - in each case, alwaysprovided of course that you have not yet redeemed the Voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I wouldn't waste my money on this to be honest, even if you never do it yourself.
    13. Check all glass and mirrors for cracks / chips
    Like what is this about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Windscreen is made of glass!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

For those who think that this is a great deal............ You should be using public transport;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Tallon wrote: »
    Windscreen is made of glass!

Really?
    And do you need to pay a qualified mechanic to see that do you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

i don't know it would nearly be worth it to see them try to check the gearbox level in my cars or van which is impossible as none has a level plug and one doesn't even have a drain plug.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dodzy wrote: »
    For those who think that this is a great deal............ You should be using public transport;)
    Bike or Shank's mare

Advertisement