Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer jobz

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I may have a job for the summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Doing what? :)

I want a job. I was kind of hoping (againist all sense, tbh) I could have my job from last summer back, because when I was leaving they told me to reapply this year and to give them a ring, and they'd ring personnel and sort me out. But the application process was much smaller this year, and kept quiet, so I missed the closing date. :( It doesn't look like there will be jobs for the people who got applications in either though, so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

so how would a 15 yar old boy go about getting a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm afraid the most common way would be to know someone, and I don't think you'd realistically get a job if you don't.

Ask in your school about supervising JC/LC (presuming you're not doing your JC), most schools employ students to do this, that'd be 2 or 3 weeks work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Ask in your school about supervising JC/LC (presuming you're not doing your JC), most schools employ students to do this, that'd be 2 or 3 weeks work.

Applied for this...Have'nt heard back from my principal yet

Anyone know what the pay is like for this?
    Im assuming is close to minimum wage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

ciano1 wrote: »
    Applied for this...Have'nt heard back from my principal yet

Anyone know what the pay is like for this?
    Im assuming is close to minimum wage

think it depends how long you do it for...
    my friends did it last year and i think they got about €200

kateos2 wrote: »
    think it depends how long you do it for...
    my friends did it last year and i think they got about €200

I got almost 400 for it, it pays well, just make sure you have something to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Wahey I've job for the summer, even less work than last year too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Frank3142 wrote: »
    so how would a 15 yar old boy go about getting a job?

not likely, man. i couldnt get a job my whole time through school, and i put out, literally, hundreds of CV's every year. so i went for some voluntary work, which even 4 years later, is something that people see on my CV and say 'oh, very good, i see you've worked with xxxxx?'. mightnt be getting paid, but definitely beneficial. try find work by all means, but rather than sit on your arse if you can't find any, it'll help to have something to fall back on and throw on your CV next year.

Had my interview today. :)

*Fingers Crossed*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Good luck! :D
    (Although the interviews over so I guess good luck with the eh, waiting. Meh. *good vibes*)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Glad I've got my job from last summer which I got from work experience in 4th year.In a cafe in Cork city, good pay, good tips and great fun. Hard work though. Couldn't ask for anything better tbh. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

WTF people getting jobs in a recession! Now my question is where the funk are all these jobs?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

My job this summer will be learning to drive and fighting crime.

And I'm not getting paid for either. Working for money, ye selfish bastards. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

WTF people getting jobs in a recession! Now my question is where the funk are all these jobs?:pac:

I second that! I've sent my CV out to god knows how many places, all the crappy little jobs in donegal and still haven't heard anything back... Not one phone call. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

That website. What a joke.

"The lenght and breath"
    "Proberly"
    "Fundrasing"

Disgusting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rozabeez wrote: »
    That website. What a joke.

"The lenght and breath"
    "Proberly"
    "Fundrasing"

Disgusting.

I'm surprised the thread has even lasted this long, with that link starting it off...

Got a rejection letter, surprisingly relieved!

I might have something up my sleeve as part time for next year, but that as ever is hush hush.

I'll be getting my first rejection letter soon... what a day..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I only ever got one rejection letter even though i went to about 6 or 7 interviews before i got a job. the rest just didnt contact me again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

my favourite was the rejection letter i got almost 14months later. talk about rubbing it in!

I think it's ridiculous if you go for an interview, people should have the common decency to send you a letter, email or something. I've sent more than 20 emails with my CV on it and not one person had the common curtisy to even bother email back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

An File wrote: »
    I got 3 weeks of work as an ardcinnire at an Irish college. Was hoping for 9 weeks.

Think I'll spend the rest of the summer pointing out people who pluralise words with "z" instead of "s" :pac:

Hey me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

i've had my application for supervalu in for about 7 months now and I still haven't heard anything, but apparentley a good few students are quitting so I'm trying a different tack-annoying them into giving me a job!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ruanej90

thats got to be one of the dodgiest sites on the net right now theres another site you wanna becareful of it looks VERY legit but everything you do and it says is meaningless you'll waste your time visiting it but this is so other people don't get reeled in like i did it's
    www.Cashcrate.com

i've had my application for supervalu in for about 7 months now and I still haven't heard anything, but apparentley a good few students are quitting so I'm trying a different tack-annoying them into giving me a job!:p

I think its your best chance! :pac:

Annoyance is the only form of communication employers know

Advertisement