Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what music when riding

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Wheely GR8 wrote: »
    Since I started using my road bike ,I've stopped using headphones and find it easier to cycle without them. I actually discovered my front break was loose because I didn't have them on.Can't see myself ever using them again, it's just to hard to focus on everything with a noise in my ear.

I'll only use headphones in daylight, won't cycling in the dark with them on. But now that the morning's are brighter and I got my headphones in my bottom bracket creaking and clicking has magically gone away, although I forget to trim the FD quite a lot now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

colm_gti wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack, but what headphones do you use that don't fall out? My iPhone headphones are useless for popping out :o

FFS your ears are the problem there not the headphones. Get better ears and stop blaming Apple for your woes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

coolbeans wrote: »
    FFS your ears are the problem there not the headphones. Get better ears and stop blaming Apple for your woes.

The iphone/ipod headphones are notoriously sh*t, they are exceptionally tinny, have little or no bass and they leak like sieves. Another common problem is that they fall out of the ear as there's no rubber or foam padding.

Most in-ear phones come with a set of rubber covers of different sizes so you can adjust the padding to suit your ears. Even low range seinnheisers or sonys will have 2 or 3 sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

This has been on a random loop in my head the last few spins.

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
    Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
    Till I get to the bottom and I see you again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Sean02

If no helmet was a 5% risk listening to music podcast radio while cycling in my opinion would rate at about 75%. particuarly in urban roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Don't use them while cycling but do when running. 30 seconds to mars is great to run to imo. Also if it's cold enough out I use my buff pulled over my mouth and ears to hold the iPod earphones in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭Romer

Hi Lenny...Friz here...

What I've been doing lately is downloading long ass r&b and hip-hop mixes (2 or 3 hours in length). Not really my top genre for enjoyment, but the length and the constant beat are excellent for cadence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Tiesto podcast. Nowt better.

Never heard of him til now.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/officialtiesto?ob=4

Id swap my bike for his job anyday.

5.5 hour DJ set in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Skip to 17mins 39 sec

then 30min 35sec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭f1000

LCD Soundsystem - 45.33

nice 10 min warm up period and 5 min warm down at the the end.
    wish it was longer though. album title is the duration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKOjhPvqxrU (to give you a taster)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Lil Louis - French Kiss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx_lBt-O2gE

Sorry misunderstood what was meant by the thread title :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Wheely GR8

When I had music on it was the progidy ,orbital ,alphawezen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

The pushbike song

Down, up pedals, down, up, down.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

f1000 wrote: »
    LCD Soundsystem - 45.33

nice 10 min warm up period and 5 min warm down at the the end.
    wish it was longer though. album title is the duration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKOjhPvqxrU (to give you a taster)

:-(

This video has been removed by the user.

Sorry about that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement