Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon January sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Typical Amazon... Those have been the regular prices of most of those products for at least the last 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

That's so not true... :rolleyes:
    Please note that the price of Buffalo Juststore 500GB USB 2.0 Slimline Portable External Hard Drive - Black has decreased from £43.76 to £43.58 since you placed it in your Shopping Basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Eoinite

Samsung ST60 Digital Camera
    Price: £69.99
    You Save: £80.00 (53%)

When was this camera ever £149.99????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Amazon used to be my 'go to guy'.

This xmas I bought books for the kids on Asda site with free delivery to Ireland.

Bought a 32" TV on ebuyer (paid £15 for delivery to Ireland - Amazon refuse to deliver TV's here)

Amazon are competitive on a wide range of items but if I spend say £6 on a book then Amazon whacks £4p&p on top it's not getting my business.

As Irish shoppers must route via UK store for most items, free shipping should be offered to us, though a fee would be acceptable on large items.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

As Irish shoppers must route via UK store for most items, free shipping should be offered to us

I disagree. I would much rather pay the UK prices and pay a reasonable rate for P&P (Like Zavvi, Sendit, Asda etc) than say what the likes of Play.com do

Play only ship items to Ireland if the Euro rate is selected and their exchange rates are a disgrace. It ads on nearly 3 or 4 times what Zavvi etc charge for P&P despite play saying P&P is free.

Lets be fare. Free shipping to Ireland is not cost effective for UK e-tailers. I dont mind paying £1 for shipping tbh. Its a fare price and probably reflects what it costs the company to ship the item anyway.

• Advertisement

Not sure what you are disagreeing with?

Of course it's usually always smarter to pay in the currency native to the website. I wouldn't buy on Play.com if they're skimming you on the exchange rate.

Asda will ship a book here gratis, Amazon will charge you approx £4 for a paperback. The books were cheaper on Asda v Amazon AND offered free shipping.

If zavvi and others charge 99p that undoubtedly is reasonable, my point was Amazon specific.

Amazon could easily offer the Irish market free shipping on smaller items books, dvd's etc with an absolutely minimal impact on their profits and are well capable of negotiating with shippers to achieve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

Amazon used to be my 'go to guy'.

This xmas I bought books for the kids on Asda site with free delivery to Ireland.

Bought a 32" TV on ebuyer (paid £15 for delivery to Ireland - Amazon refuse to deliver TV's here)

Amazon are competitive on a wide range of items but if I spend say £6 on a book then Amazon whacks £4p&p on top it's not getting my business.

As Irish shoppers must route via UK store for most items, free shipping should be offered to us, though a fee would be acceptable on large items.

Errr... Badgermonkey which site did you use for free delivery to Ireland.

The last time I looked they charged 99p per item ... see here http://help.asda-entertainment.co.uk/index.php?action=artikel&cat=7&id=40&artlang=en

They also say 'Please note that we are unable to ship Books and Electronics outside of the UK.'

Am I doing something wrong here... :confused:

mp31 wrote: »
    Errr... Badgermonkey which site did you use for free delivery to Ireland.

The last time I looked they charged 99p per item ... see here http://help.asda-entertainment.co.uk/index.php?action=artikel&cat=7&id=40&artlang=en

They also say 'Please note that we are unable to ship Books and Electronics outside of the UK.'

Am I doing something wrong here... :confused:

You must be or perhaps they've amended their terms and not updated their site, details below copy and pasted from email from Asda.

Please do not reply to this email. For contact details see website

Free Delivery on all DVDS, CDs & Games
    Dear ***** *****,

Thank you for shopping at www.asda.com .

We have received the following order:

Order reference number: ********

Item Description Availability Price Qty Gift Wrapping Subtotal
    1 - Book In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours £4.71 1 £0.00 £4.71
    Total Delivery Cost: £0.00
    Total: £4.71
    To make sure you get your items as soon as possible, we post and charge separately for each item. Please note that payment is not taken until point of dispatch.

Delivery Address

Co. Kilkenny
    Ireland
    Rep 123

Should you have any questions or queries regarding your order please login to your account where you will be able to request further information from our customer service colleagues.

You can check the status of your order by clicking the order tracking in https://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/asda/accountHome.secure .
    From your account you can:

Review the status of your orders
    Review estimated dispatch dates
    Cancel non dispatched items

We will email you again when your order is on its way.
    We hope to see you soon.

The www.ASDA.com Team.

This email is an acknowledgement of receipt of your order. Your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an email confirming that the items have been dispatched to you.

If you need to contact us for any reason please visit our contact us page to see how you can get in touch.
    All prices correct at time of going to web.
    ASDA Stores Ltd, Registered in England No. 464777. Registered Office: ASDA House, Southbank, Great Wilson Street, Leeds LS11 5AD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If Amazon are cheapest I buy from them, if not I buy from whoever's cheapest. I was buying some fairly-hard-to-find video games the other day from Amazon's market place with free delivery "via" Amazon while on another site they were charging deliver. Happy days for me. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

amacachi wrote: »
    If Amazon are cheapest I buy from them, if not I buy from whoever's cheapest.
    You buy from whoever is cheapest :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement