Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what websites do you buy your games on?

Options
  • 24-05-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭

i bought LA Noire of Play and it still has not shown up, despite them saying they sent it last Wednesday.

where do they sent it from that it takes a week to get here.

what websites do you find quick to deliver and cheap for xbox games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

zavvi.com is my go to place, got so many games in their mega monday sales for half nothing, marvel vs capcom 3 was 20 quid on there yesterday.

I never pre-order games though, I prefer to just walk in and buy them in store, I dont get preordering massive releases that any game store will have hundreds of copies of, and theres a tesco, hmv, gamestop and xtravision all within 5 mins drive of me so can easily get new releases

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never use play.com, their euro sterling rate is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

demonoid.................i mean.. thehut.com has pretty good prices.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I use amazon.co.uk there delievery time is good,much better than play anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Amazon, Steam, HMV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Don't buy many games online but when I do I use Gamesnash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

zavvi and the hut, both are of the hut group but prices can be different on certain products. Sendit.com used to be good but they charge for shipping now so that kills it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Zavvi and the Hut for older games and usually Play have the cheapest price for new games
    and the Steam sales in June and December :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Zavvi for bargains and older games, you can get some games for unreal value!

New releases - only in shops. Newer ever trusted those dm delivery trucks...

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

I get a lot of my games from a Canadian site called Videogamesplus

All PS3 games are region free and most Xbox 360 games. They even do region tests and post the info on their blog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Used to use Play a lot.

Now use Zavvi and also Play Asia for region free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Usually Amazon but I've bought from Play, theHut, dvd.co.uk etc. without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Their bricks and motor shops aren't my favourite but gamestop.ie are brilliant. Usually have games out to you the day before release and never once have I had a pre-order game delivered late.

Their prices on new releases stack up with other online stores too and more often than not they have good pre-order bonuses.

For sale stuff that I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks (and it can be a couple of weeks) zavvi.com are good as long as you accept that you're trading off the great prices for terrible delivery speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

fasty wrote: »
    I get a lot of my games from a Canadian site called Videogamesplus

All PS3 games are region free and most Xbox 360 games. They even do region tests and post the info on their blog.

These guys are great. Their site looks incredibly basic but does the job. I got my US PS2 + loads of ps1+2 games for feck all off them and they arrived within about 3-4 days.

For games I buy the day they are out: Amazon. Generally have a good price and the shipping is fast.

Steam for random offers.

Used to use sendit but the shipping thing already mentioned turns me off them a bit. Also doesn't seem to be as fast as amazon.

Never use play unless it is a very good offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Steam, and whatever I can find locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Steampowered.com :P

For physical copies, I haven't bought a physics PC game since Bioshock and I usually get my console games in shops.

Advertisement