Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Recon Online

Options
  • 24-05-2011 6:32pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just saw some articles popping up about this. PC only title, Ghost Recon online is the latest in the free-to-play game universe, with premium pay content of course

Thoughts? Personally I like free-to-play models. It gives you the chance to examine the gameplay and if you're enjoying it, you can purchase extra content. For me, I've been playing Battlefield Heroes on and off the last 2 years without making one purchase. :p

Anywho, looks good. Rumours of a closed beta this summer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yeah I saw this on Rock Paper Shotgun.

F2P model is getting very popular on the PC scene especially with games like LoL doing it so well. This could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yes those f2p games are great for just picking up and playing and they don't need the best of hardware but still look brilliant
    like you i have been playing Battlefield Heroes on and off for the last few years and have gotten free costumes from magazines without paying
    I have recently tried the Battlefield f2p and outside of Bad Company it is a very good multiplier fps
    But i have been playing the browser game Travian for years and have 2-3 servers playing at any one time and i pump money into that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Worth keeping an eye on for sure.
    One of the best F2P fps games ive played is Alliance of Valiant Arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Advertisement