Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom??? Please Help Meeee. Any advice would be great

Options
  • 21-05-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I moved into a student house with three friends back in September. We decided that we needed to get internet because our 02 dongles wouldn't work in the area. So luckily enough an eircom rep came to the door. We signed up and all was grand.

The following day a Vodafone rep came. Much better deal and everything so we agreed to sign with him and cancel eircom. So over the next number of weeks I rang eircom trying to cancel them, Because we didn't have an eircom account number I kept being told "It couldn't be done" and because I didn't have an eircom number none of this **** was logged supposedly! eventually. I was told it was cancelled by a nice girl in their cancelations department.

She told me that i'd receive bills but I shouldn't worry about it. It's all taken care of. So two or three months pass and bills are still arriving. Were getting a little worried then we get a final cancelation bill of over €500. Please bare in mind we never used one mb of eircom data.

So I ring them, 2 hours on the phone going through department, to department, to department. To be told it stands and that were being passed to a debt collection company. When i asked them how can they charge me this if I never used your service. The guy (who seemed like he was just doing his job) couldnt give me a straight answer. Just tells me thats the way it is.

I go back to the house and start digging through all the scraps I wrote down over the period I was trying to cancel like ref numbers and names. I ring back start trying to use these names and ref numbers. Keep getting patched through different departments all over again. At one point some guy was chatting to his mate about a horse racing bet he was gonna put money on. Fool must of thought he put me on hold. Then I was patched through again and they eventually just hung up. That has happened three times.

Now letters from debt collectors arriving claiming they are pushing it onto solicitors. I dont know what to do. Pretty worried about it. I mean like we paid Vodafone for everything even the remaining contract we had cause it was 18 months. Eircom staff were rude to me every time i tried to contact them. They want an obscene amount of money for a service they never provided. Please help cause i'v no idea what to do

Thanks from the four students that are wigging out!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MysticMac

Thanks Spear :D! I'm also hoping to hear if someone went through the same or similar problem and could advise me on what to do. I'v found eircom to be nothing but bullies to deal with.

Advertisement