Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadlink

Options
  • 14-05-2015 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

i have a broadlink pabx system with 2 lines . i also have an analogue line . id like to get rid of the isdn lines and run the analogue line through the broadlink so that i could still transfer an incoming call from reception . does anyone know if this is possible ? eircom dont seem to think so as they say the system needs chips. is there any way of doing this with the system that i have ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

What model broadlink system is it? Some of the units would need add-in cards for certain functionality, while some of them have the options built-in.

On a side note - it's a fairly aging system. Might be worth looking at VOIP instead if it turns out you'd need to change hardware anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnhughes

thanks for that - ill check out the model and come back

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnhughes

hI ROAST
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
    APPARENTLY I NEED AN ANAOGUE CARD/CHIP INSERTED AT A COST OF 400 AS THEY DNT HAVE ANY SECOND HAND

DO YOU KNOW ANYWHERE THAT I COULD SOURCE ONE ?

THANKS

JOHN HUGHES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

You can get VoIP to ISDN adaptors easily and cheaply as ISDN is very commonly used for individual landlines in Germany and a few other places where it was pushed very hard in the 1990s

FritzBox for example has this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

eBay or adverts would probably be your best bet if you absolutely have to upgrade that Broadlink. Even at that, it wouldn't be easy to find them, I would say.

Realistically though, a VoIP system would probably be cheaper to deploy, and more cost-effective in the long-run without limiting future expansion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement