Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

riello rdb oli pump problem

Options
  • 16-02-2014 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

hello my pump is turning and seems to be able to pump oil internally. the problem is that it does not come out from the line that goes to the nozzle. could this be the solenoid or its valve that are faulty. or could it be the small double spring assembly that is inside when the pressure adjustment bolt is removed. sorry if my terms are incorrect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Have had similar problem myself recently and it turned out to be broken spring in solenoid lift valve. Heatmerchants wouldn't sell me replacement spring, only full pump assembly, ended up using spring from a pen/biro. Still working away 1 yr later......

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭crzybkr73

thanks. is that valve easily disassembled for repair. do you know anything about the double spring assembly between the pipe to the nozzle and the pressure adjustor

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Sorry, not that knowledgeable about them, would suggest you post in the heating and plumbing forum. Those guys really know their stuff.
    Opening up solenoid valve was fairly straightforward iirc, think thumbscrew and spanner was all that I needed. HTH

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Did you unscrew the pressure adjusting screw.
    If that is adjusted to much the pump won't lift.
    What makes you think that's the problem

• Advertisement

yes i unscrewed it and then screwed it in completely and finally unscrewed it 12 half turns. i know this not accurate but should be good enough to test it.can that double spring assembly give problems. i only ask about it because i dont know exactly how it works. the solenoid appears to be lifting the valve when powered but i have not checked current in solenoid. perhaps it is not lifting enough

Advertisement