Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McNally SwordsCC - Beginner/new member Spins in North County Dublin

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Inquitus wrote: »
    There's 2 groups on Thurs, make sure to take off with the lads in the Smartlamp kit if you fancy a good hard 80-100km
    I'd probably go with the easier group if it's possible to start with ive never cycled in a group before.

Is all this info on the website?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,614 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

iamtony wrote: »

Yes

Details of all official club spins are here
    Thursday morning spin details here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Great I'm off to Spain this Tuesday for a few days I'll be in touch the following week hopefully thanks. So what would I have to do to get in with the Thursday group?

The Thursday group is for SwordsCC members, so u need to join the club. You'll also need a cycling Ireland license. PM me your email address and I'll send you detailed instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭billyhead

I'd probably go with the easier group if it's possible to start with ive never cycled in a group before.

As 07Lapierre said you would be best off joining the club and learning how to ride in a group. Here are 2 useful reads on group riding.

http://cyclingulster.com/documentation/A%20Guide%20to%20Group%20Riding.pdf

http://www.leisurecycling.ie/groupcycling.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Great turnout this morning and it was good to meet a few new faces. I couldn't make the last two.

I was with the second group so apologies for inadvertently putting pressure on some between Ballyboughal and Naul when I was up front. I didn't realise there were a few struggling at the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

Great turnout this morning and it was good to meet a few new faces. I couldn't make the last two.

I was with the second group so apologies for inadvertently putting pressure on some between Ballyboughal and Naul when I was up front. I didn't realise there were a few struggling at the rear.
    They should count themselves lucky you didn't lead them on one of your 300km specials.

ian_rush wrote: »
    They should count themselves lucky you didn't lead them on one of your 300km specials.
    ...this coming from one who did a lap of Howth on a 50x12 today! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

I'm always struggling at the rear :cool:

Would be cool to put boards names to the faces.

Puggy wrote: »
    ....Would be cool to put boards names to the faces.
    This is me if its any help! http://app.strava.com/athletes/191477

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    I've the same problem, except it's 4 kids I have to head off to Kilronan with

You don't keep horses on your estate?!?

• Advertisement

This is me if its any help! http://app.strava.com/athletes/191477

Hmm, let's see now. Swords CC gear, helmet, dark glasses! Could have been any one of five or six people. I did enjoy the injection of pace though, was getting a little cold.

I was the one who had the face off with the grassy bank. Hurt nothing but my pride:rolleyes:

Puggy wrote: »
    Hmm, let's see now. Swords CC gear, helmet, dark glasses! Could have been any one of five or six people. I did enjoy the injection of pace though, was getting a little cold.

I was the one who had the face off with the grassy bank. Hurt nothing but my pride:rolleyes:

Face off with a Grassy bank! being chased by Dogs! you can't say it wasn't Interesting! ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Face off with a Grassy bank! being chased by Dogs! you can't say it wasn't Interesting! ;)

And some Swords cc riders were off having an easy spin.....

10665246_10152417983217183_4346605434600356054_n.jpg?oh=399333f4eafba534f078e2bb3b34d066&oe=54C52535

RobFowl wrote: »
    And some Swords cc riders were off having an easy spin.....

10665246_10152417983217183_4346605434600356054_n.jpg?oh=399333f4eafba534f078e2bb3b34d066&oe=54C52535

Real CX riders cycle up stuff like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Real CX riders cycle up stuff like that.
    They wouldn't let us this time, manadatory run section !

RobFowl wrote: »
    They wouldn't let us this time, manadatory run section !

Hmm...you sound like an "I would have, but..." person!

Spin from Swords today, about 10 of us. Thanks Mark, great morning.

Link to strava

Fourth out of fourth in the sprint! In the immortal words of D:Ream Things can only get better :).

Also managed to avoid the gravel traps this week:cool:. Really enjoyable morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Again, thanks Mark for your time and showing us the route. Puggy, at least you remembered the sprint. I was wondering why ye all went off so fast, then it dawned on me...

Great morning. Talk in 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Again, thanks Mark for your time and showing us the route. Puggy, at least you remembered the sprint. I was wondering why ye all went off so fast, then it dawned on me...

Great morning. Talk in 2 weeks time.

Is this 'not a club spin' spin on next Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Is this 'not a club spin' spin on next Sunday?

Yes. It's on every Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I believe the organiser may well be at the club weekend away, but that shouldn't stop ye like minded cycling individuals meeting up and following the same route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

What time is it at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stillnotworking

08.30 sharp from the North Business Park in Swords. The route is to be the same as was posted yesterday by Puggy.

The "Official" spins will start again in November. Official spins will have a swodscc leader and the pace will be controlled at 26-28kph. The route will be 60k approx with NO coffee stop.
    I'll post more info shortly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement