Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCI World Championship Junior Race Coverage

Options
  • 19-09-2014 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where this can be watched live Saturday week ?
    Free TV or Internet best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Anybody know where this can be watched live Saturday week ?
    Free TV or Internet best.

List of broadcasters is available on the uci website http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/NewsGeneral/16/69/24/2014UCIRoadWorldChampionshis-TVSchedule_Neutral.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I just saw there from that pdf that there's a uci youtube channel.

I went to check it out and it looks like they have coverage of the WC in its entirety but then I clicked on the first link which was to Jens Voigt's hour record and it says "the uploader has not chosen to make this video available in your country" :(

Why in the name of God would that be? -There are other mtb videos on there that I can see alright. Is there any way of finding out if the Worlds will be viewable in Ireland or now?

Also, I didn't see eurosport.co.uk listed on the pdf?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

fat bloke wrote: »
    I just saw there from that pdf that there's a uci youtube channel.

I went to check it out and it looks like they have coverage of the WC in its entirety but then I clicked on the first link which was to Jens Voigt's hour record and it says "the uploader has not chosen to make this video available in your country" :(

Why in the name of God would that be? -There are other mtb videos on there that I can see alright. Is there any way of finding out if the Worlds will be viewable in Ireland or now?

Also, I didn't see eurosport.co.uk listed on the pdf?

Because Eurosport bought exclusive rights for UK and Ireland, if nobody buys the rights in certain locations then UCI will air it themselves.

Ah ok.

Is it fair to presume then that Eurosport will show the whole lot? I'm sure they'll have the elite men of course, and I presume the women but I wouldn't mind watching the juniors too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Actually I'm wrong, BBC are covering it, not Eurosport. Not sure if they'll only do highlights or live.

• Advertisement

Worse than that it's BBC red button, which am I right in saying means "not us"?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

fat bloke wrote: »
    Worse than that it's BBC red button, which am I right in saying means "not us"?
    Red button works perfectly well for me (and I've certainly watched BBC coverage of cycling events via it)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Post deleted

Discussion of ways to circumvent geographic restrictions on broadcasts is not permitted

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

The junior race wasn't broadcast live at all last year, on any channel, anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Juan More Time

If you don't mind the German commentary, then you could always turn yer dish a few degrees towards the South..or right of Astra.. German eurosport is free to air...Alles Gute :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭wav1

Im told if you turn the dish to 13 degs you can tune in RAI sport who seemingly are showing everything??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

wav1 wrote: »
    Im told if you turn the dish to 13 degs you can tune in RAI sport who seemingly are showing everything??

Yeah showing the women's juniors Friday at 8.50am. The guide only goes until Friday on their website. http://www.rai.it/dl/rai/guidaProgrammi.htm. Its on rai sport 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Henlars67 wrote: »
    The junior race wasn't broadcast live at all last year, on any channel, anywhere.

Pity, it is the one I'd actually most like to see... Sort of personal in that I've been getting my ass kicked by them all year in races :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Looks like Rai will be broadcasting the lot, translated from here-
    http://it.blastingnews.com/sport/2014/09/mondiali-ciclismo-2014-a-ponferrada-date-gare-e-orari-diretta-tv-sulla-rai-00126683.html

All races will be broadcast live on TV Rai Sport 2, with that of the professionals that will be visible on RAI 3 On the opening day we will have the team time trial Elite Women 9:50 pm and the team time trial Elite Men from 13 : 50. On September 22, it's up to the individual time trial Junior Women 9:50 pm and the individual time trial Men U-23 starting at 13:50. On September 23 we will have the individual time trial 9:50 pm Junior Men and Elite Women time trial starts at 14:20. The medals will be awarded in the Men Elite time trial on September 24 starting at 13:20.
    On September 26, it will be the road race starts at 8:50 and Junior Women race in the U-23 Men line by 12:50. On September 27 we will have the race in line 8:50am Junior Men and Women Elite road race starts at 13:50. Finally, there will be the elite men's road race from 9:30 am on 28 September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Looks like Rai will be broadcasting the lot, translated from here-
    http://it.blastingnews.com/sport/2014/09/mondiali-ciclismo-2014-a-ponferrada-date-gare-e-orari-diretta-tv-sulla-rai-00126683.html

All races will be broadcast live on TV Rai Sport 2, with that of the professionals that will be visible on RAI 3 On the opening day we will have the team time trial Elite Women 9:50 pm and the team time trial Elite Men from 13 : 50. On September 22, it's up to the individual time trial Junior Women 9:50 pm and the individual time trial Men U-23 starting at 13:50. On September 23 we will have the individual time trial 9:50 pm Junior Men and Elite Women time trial starts at 14:20. The medals will be awarded in the Men Elite time trial on September 24 starting at 13:20.
    On September 26, it will be the road race starts at 8:50 and Junior Women race in the U-23 Men line by 12:50. On September 27 we will have the race in line 8:50am Junior Men and Women Elite road race starts at 13:50. Finally, there will be the elite men's road race from 9:30 am on 28 September.

Good, I presume the junior race will be on the UCI Youtube channel so.

It wasn't last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Can see the U23 TT live on a sticky bottle link at:

http://www.stickybottle.com/races-results/live-tv-right-now-world-champs-u23-tt-featuing-ryan-mullen/

<snip>

Expect juniors will be watchable in same way

Advertisement