Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are these wedding appropriate??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I think they are both gorgeous!!

Elegant, comfortable and flattering ! Perfect for a wedding, not sure where else you would get away wearing them !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

I love that second dress-- so elegent, and looks really comfortable. That's the one I'd be going for.

I love that second dress-- so elegent, and looks really comfortable. That's the one I'd be going for.

I do prefer this one too !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Thanks for the input, yeah I think the second is my favourite too. I was more so unsure of the colour (also long and nude), is it really ok for a wedding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

ClubDead wrote: »
    Thanks for the input, yeah I think the second is my favourite too. I was more so unsure of the colour (also long and nude), is it really ok for a wedding?
    I think it depends on the wedding to be honest. Does the invite mention anything about avoiding colours/styles etc?

I am going to a wedding in a few weeks and invites specifically asked for guests not to wear bridal style dresses or colours, so I would avoid wearing a long nude dress. If the invite doesn't mention anything I would err on the side of caution and choose any dress in any colour bar nude or bridal colours.

That said, if I was getting married I couldn't give a toss if every female guest turned up in a long white/nude/pink dress, wouldn't make an iota of difference to be, but different strokes for different folks and all that. :)

• Advertisement

I think it depends on the wedding to be honest. Does the invite mention anything about avoiding colours/styles etc?

I am going to a wedding in a few weeks and invites specifically asked for guests not to wear bridal style dresses or colours, so I would avoid wearing a long nude dress. If the invite doesn't mention anything I would err on the side of caution and choose any dress in any colour bar nude or bridal colours.

That said, if I was getting married I couldn't give a toss if every female guest turned up in a long white/nude/pink dress, wouldn't make an iota of difference to be, but different strokes for different folks and all that. :)

I dont think you could go wrong with this colour!!,

to be its lovely for a wedding .... unless you were asked not to wear the colour by a bridezilla I'd say your good to go!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

For a wedding I try to figure out the bridesmaid colour and avoid anything close to it if at all possible. I was at a wedding where the dresses were bought from Ted Baker and a few guests wore the same one, it looked like there were loads of bridesmaids!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Sadderday wrote: »
    I dont think you could go wrong with this colour!!,

to be its lovely for a wedding .... unless you were asked not to wear the colour by a bridezilla I'd say your good to go!!
    I like it too, and think it is appropriate, however some brides wouldn't be happy if a guest turned up in a long dress in a nude colour, it all depends on the bride, that's why I said if invites haven't mentioned anything then maybe err on the side of caution and choose a different colour.

OP do you think the bride would mind if you work a long nude dress? If you aren't sure, could you ask a friend or bridesmaid or someone close to her who might know?

I like it too, and think it is appropriate, however some brides wouldn't be happy if a guest turned up in a long dress in a nude colour, it all depends on the bride, that's why I said if invites haven't mentioned anything then maybe err on the side of caution and choose a different colour.

OP do you think the bride would mind if you work a long nude dress? If you aren't sure, could you ask a friend or bridesmaid or someone close to her who might know?

You might get an idea of bridesmaid colours from the invite ??

I think its fab and the bride should be too busy enjoying her day to notice your nude dress !!

Buy it, wear it, it's fab - you'll be fab, feck the bride :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Both lovely dresses, but just a word of caution-some ASOS own brand stuff can be really cheap looking and horrible material- it's happened me before in the past as its really hard to tell from the website pictures. So many good sales on at the moment, maybe buy a back up dress just in case you are disappointed with the quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Sadderday wrote: »
    I think its fab and the bride should be too busy enjoying her day to notice your nude dress !!

The bride mightn't notice, but other guests will, believe me.

OP, I'd just ask the bride straight out if there are any colours you should avoid.

For me, personally, unless the wedding is black-tie, I think both those dresses are too formal. They're more evening-wear than wedding attire, imo. But, if you feel comfortable and the bride has no issues with the pink one, then go for it.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The bride mightn't notice, but other guests will, believe me.

OP, I'd just ask the bride straight out if there are any colours you should avoid.

For me, personally, unless the wedding is black-tie, I think both those dresses are too formal. They're more evening-wear than wedding attire, imo. But, if you feel comfortable and the bride has no issues with the pink one, then go for it.

Yeah Ive been thinking about it and I don't think Ill go with either, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Aw I think they're both lovely OP and totally appropriate to wear to a wedding. In fact I almost bought the top one for a wedding recently. The only colour I wouldn't wear to a wedding is white/ivory, so I definitely think the second pink one would be fine.

To be fair, if I ever get married I wouldn't give a fiddler's if everyone turned up in big white dresses (I never understand why people care about that kind of stuff) but definitely that pink dress isn't inappropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

With respect...
    "I dont think you could go wrong with this colour!!, " - I beg to disagree: if you happen to be blonde and have very fair skin, that Nude spectrum of colours can make a person look very bleached-out and greyish. It works for some, but choose carefully. I still think it's better on darker colouring...

PS I do like the dress: its lovely: Just bear in mind that the colour can be wrong for some people's skin tones.

katemarch wrote: »
    With respect...
    "I dont think you could go wrong with this colour!!, " - I beg to disagree: if you happen to be blonde and have very fair skin, that Nude spectrum of colours can make a person look very bleached-out and greyish. It works for some, but choose carefully. I still think it's better on darker colouring...

PS I do like the dress: its lovely: Just bear in mind that the colour can be wrong for some people's skin tones.

....... I meant for a wedding its a nice colour for a summer or autumn wedding... considering it suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

They are FAB! wish i had a wedding to go to. What colour hair do you have and what kind of skin do you have. What kind of tan do you plan on wearing if any? Do you need to buy shoes? These are all the questions you need to ask yourself when making a purchase like this :)

AshF22 wrote: »
    They are FAB! wish i had a wedding to go to. What colour hair do you have and what kind of skin do you have. What kind of tan do you plan on wearing if any? Do you need to buy shoes? These are all the questions you need to ask yourself when making a purchase like this :)

I'm not going to get either. Something an earlier poster said about the bride not caring but the other guests noticing, reminded me of a wedding I was at a couple of years ago. A couple of guests wore inappropriate dresses (one midi white dress, the other a long blush dress), the bride didn't notice but other guests did and commented on them all day. I'm heading out shopping to day so Ill have a look for something a bit safer :)

Advertisement