Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

January wrote: »
    Could have sworn diesel I remember buying a luminous orange jacket and it was diesel brand (don't judge me :I ) from there! You could be right though

It was the Irish Diesel store though, not the international one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

daymobrew wrote: »
    I emailed them this morning and they said that they have no plans to open in Blanchardstown at the moment. I had a draft post ready to go on blanchcentrehistory.com (a site that I have not had any time to develop).

Strange.

Strange alright, cos I know a while ago I walked passed I could smell wood shaving. Oh well thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Is that within the boundaries of Millenium Park?

Yep! Looks like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭daymobrew

thomasj wrote: »
    I see planning permission notice has gone up for a temporary ice rink down near the fields by McDonalds from November-january for 3 years
    Here are the details:
    FW14A/0078, submitted 30-Jun-2014

Applicant:
    Cool Running Events Ltd

Millennium Park, Blanchardstown Road South / Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15

Proposed Development:
    Use as a temporary ice rink with access from a proposed permanent new entrance gate on Grove Road and all ancillary services (including first aid, cafe and food provisions for customers within the marquee), site works and services infrastructure. The development will consist of 1 no. stand along marquee structure of 45m x 60m. The temporary use will be operational from mid November to the end of January with site works (including the erection of the structure) before and after this operational period. The temporary permission for the Ice Rink is for the period of three years.

The company runs the RDS Christmas skate rink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Northern Ireland's largest coffee chain (Ground Espresso) is opening a new cafe within the Next outlet over in the Westend Retail Park according to today's Irish Times.

Tbh, I never heard of this chain before now but I think an extra food/drink option in Westend is a welcome addition. Just having Costa (since Starbucks left Borders/New Look) is a bit restrictive. I'm not really factoring in the KFC drive thru as that is not a place I would like to loiter in or relax over a coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

ongarboy wrote: »
    Northern Ireland's largest coffee chain (Ground Espresso) is opening a new cafe within the Next outlet over in the Westend Retail Park according to today's Irish Times.

Tbh, I never heard of this chain before now but I think an extra food/drink option in Westend is a welcome addition. Just having Costa (since Starbucks left Borders/New Look) is a bit restrictive. I'm not really factoring in the KFC drive thru as that is not a place I would like to loiter in or relax over a coffee.

Be interesting to see how they fit between starbucks/costa/mcdonalds.

I used to always get costa ,but found it terrible and staff didn't care. Told them the coffee was too weak and she just put another spoon of coffee in,for that price id expect it to be remade.

Starbucks went down hill for me, used to use the loyalty card to get a Frappuccino(with extra shots etc free because of the card), but then found out McDonalds do the same one for half the price.
    Also Starbucks staff(more so in the odeon one) haven't a clue about coffee and likely read a menu and throw it into a cup and here you go

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Buttlers do the best coffee in the centre, and you get a free chocolate too.

Agreed, I'd go there more often only they have a tiny amount of seating space - they could easily do well in a larger unit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Nice, Must give them a go, Never walked into the place!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Agreed, I'd go there more often only they have a tiny amount of seating space - they could easily do well in a larger unit!

Yeah it's not great for sitting in but if you just want a take out coffee you can't beat it.

I see Tiger is opening in Blanchardstown next to the Diesel store - Tiger seems to be popping up everywhere these days. Good addition to the mix of stores and handy for inexpensive gifts. (kind of like an Ikea pound shop!)

It was my first time in about 4 months in the centre yesterday. It was good to see all the vacant units on the upper main level are occupied again. Further signs the recession is waning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

I see Tiger is opening in Blanchardstown next to the Diesel store - Tiger seems to be popping up everywhere these days. Good addition to the mix of stores and handy for inexpensive gifts. (kind of like an Ikea pound shop!)

It was my first time in about 4 months in the centre yesterday. It was good to see all the vacant units on the upper main level are occupied again. Further signs the recession is waning!

Tiger is or was a great shop, stuff has gone down in quality of late. But like dealz always worth having a look as you never know what you might find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Saudades

I know there's a new Nike store inside the shopping centre, but is the factory store near KFC still open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭daymobrew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭horse7

Butlers is going to be twice the size when it reopens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement