Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying on rollerblades?

Options
  • 26-07-2011 6:49pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all! I'd like to get a pair of recreational rollerblades, but I'm having difficulty finding somewhere to buy them in Dublin. I know Skate City in Temple Bar stocks them, but I've heard they can charge almost 50% more than the standard RRP so I'd rather not pop in. I also don't want to buy online as buying shoes has always been a bit of a pain (I've wide feet), and I'd need to try them on first to ensure the fit is good.

So, where else is a good place to buy skates in-store? If there's nowhere else in Dublin I may get a train to Gorey some time to go into Wreckless.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Actually I'll be in Brussels in 3 weeks. Would it be worth waiting to buy over there? Any good shops I can go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pslide

Hi,

I would strongly advise wait and go to bussels purely due to the fact that they would have better selections of skates for what ever your requirements are the market over there would be far more greater plus i could imagine that they would be alot cheaper.
    On the contrary i too have a wide foot but took a gamble ordering from bladeville.pl, they have fantastic selection of skates for all uses at very reasonable prices.
    Due to fact that i have a wide foot, i had to heat mould my boot by basically baking them in the oven, this not uncommon as most decent fitness/speed skates have this technology for that perfect snug fit.
    Hope this gives you another option.

Love to skate.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Great, thanks :) I think I'll try some on when I'm in Brussels and just order online when I get home again so.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

sorry for necro threading, If you havn't bought yet, have a look at www.rawk.co.uk

Got a bunch of stuff of em this week 48 hours from order placed to at my door, And their cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

just ordered a set of 'rollerblade spark 84' blades with protective gear(wrist,knee and elbow guards) for 156euro, great price-

use the coupon HUBSAVE and avail of 10% discount.

nice on johnciall,
    im sure the missus will be delighted with you when the credit card bill comes in at the end of the month:rolleyes:

also from www.rawk.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

New online Dublin shop, you can also try on skates at there outlet fantastic prices on the stuff, aggressive range and normal rollerblades will be uploaded soon check it out www.gosk8.ie loads more to be added only a new site so keep checking it.

Advertisement