Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking over grandmother's account.

Options
  • 20-07-2014 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

Hi. Apologies in advance if you have outlined this before but I've searched here and am still unsure what to do.

I've recently purchased my grandmother's house. She hasn't lived there for a few years but kept the electrical supply on and all bills have been paid etc.

What is the procedure now for me? Do I need her to cancel and then I sign up separately or is it possible to just put my name on the account instead of hers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Crackle,

Thanks for your post.

What you need to do is sign up separately for your own account at the property. 

Just take a meter reading on the day you want to register from, and contact us with:
    • Your name and the address you're moving into
    • The move in date and meter reading
    • The MPRN number (available on a bill)
    • Your contact number and date of birth 

We can then transfer the account into your name. You can send us this information here on Boards (by PM), by email, phone (best to ring 1850 30 50 90) or on our website here, where you can get exclusive online offers.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Thanks for the reply. PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Just want to say a quick thank you for the quick responses and help. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

You're very welcome Crackle. :)

Advertisement