Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thescore.ie comments section

• 27-05-2014 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Does anyone else think the comments section at the end of the articles on the website reeks of unintelligence and begrudgery? IMO they don't even half represent the views of the many sports fans in the country. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭MeIsGod

Spot on, most of the football comments sections are hijacked by liverpool and man utd fans giving it the old "my english team is better than your english team" ,poor stuff really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Agreed, also the comments on the rugby stories aren't much better with people arguing and fighting over their provinces, trying to give the impression that they know everything about the rules and tactics of rugby (they don't!) which is why I stopped reading them and joined boards to have a proper, civilised and organised discussion about Irish rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

If you haven't discovered the fun of trolling thescore.ie's comments section yet you're really missing out. :P

If you haven't discovered the fun of trolling thescore.ie's comments section yet you're really missing out. :P

Haha they're so easy to wind up but could get myself banned for doing that though, reading comments from grown men arguing over a meaningless issue or incident which took place during a match really is riveting :D

uggybear wrote: »
    Haha they're so easy to wind up but could get myself banned for doing that though, reading comments from grown men arguing over a meaningless issue or incident which took place during a match really is riveting :D

Can you get banned? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

MeIsGod wrote: »
    Spot on, most of the football comments sections are hijacked by liverpool and man utd fans giving it the old "my english team is better than your english team" ,poor stuff really.
    Similar to here then.

Can you get banned? :eek:

Think the comments policy (three deleted comments in a row and you're out sort of thing) on the journal (or lack of due to poor moderation) has the same rules as the score (ridiculous I know!) where they obviously forgot to include "no Hillsborough or Munich disaster jibes/jokes"

I've stopped reading thescore.ie and have even deleted their app, couldn't be happier not having to read their biased articles and get slightly angry reading the begrudging comments!

I've recently taken to trolling the place in the most blatantly obvious ways possible, and people are actually agreeing with me more than when I actually try to give well thought-out opinions :pac:

You could give 15 reasons why United aren't as good this season as they were five years ago and you'd get 200 downvotes and 10 upvotes, then you could just say "Liverpool are scum" and get 500 upvotes.

It's a bit of a joke. :p

I'm glad this thread has raised the issue, theJournal is not the only one with the bad comments section on it's website! Anytime I check twitter (or the web even!) there's no mention or criticism of thescore's comments at all, yet thejournal gets most of the attention for the poor quality of a comments section

• Advertisement

uggybear wrote: »
    I'm glad this thread has raised the issue, theJournal is not the only one with the bad comments section on it's website! Anytime I check twitter (or the web even!) there's no mention or criticism of thescore's comments at all, yet thejournal gets most of the attention for the poor quality of a comments section

You expect a level of immature nonsense when people talk about sports though. TheJournal just attracts fools who use every single story to publicly declare their hatred for foreigners/the dole/travellers etc. :o

You expect a level of immature nonsense when people talk about sports though. TheJournal just attracts fools who use every single story to publicly declare their hatred for foreigners/the dole/travellers etc. :o

Yeah, it's quite worrying to to witness the casually racist comments made in thejournal's comments section aimed at not only members of the Travelling community but also the anti-English bile that's been spouted in the comments section on that site throughout England's disastrous World Cup Campaign!
    (Sorry for the graphic description)

Advertisement