Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (no really)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Holy. Sh¡T!

Since I consider P4 the 2nd-best thing on PS2, I am HYPED! I hope it takes some cues from JoJo's. Also, Chie is mai waifu (so I got dibs)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

HOLY CRAP YES!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

As long as it plays like GG/BB I'll buy it, although has ArcSys ever done a fighter that wasn't like Guilty Gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

I'm fkn hype for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

As long as it plays like GG/BB I'll buy it, although has ArcSys ever done a fighter that wasn't like Guilty Gear?

I would love if they tried a new system for this, Blazblue is not completely dead, so they can try something new and exciting for this, especially since the Persona team are "intimately involved" on the development.

And it's getting an arcade release!

• Advertisement

Would their Sengoku Basara or Hokuto no Ken fighters count?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Naphiel wrote: »
    It's to be released in arcades in Spring 2012 in Japan and on PS3 and 360 in Summer.

I look forward to it's European release in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Would their Sengoku Basara or Hokuto no Ken fighters count?

I haven't played either of these games but I watched some videos and it looks like they both play like Guilty Gear, or probably more like Arcana Heart. Although having never played them I can't say for sure. However if the Persona 4 game plays like any of these I'll still play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

looks gay

• Advertisement

wDeB6RpF33Qqir96KMqv2rFAc5T15GvF.jpg

WB8623GZn2disP63ctNdKngaN2qflJ9P.jpg

Those, ladies and gents, are basically Stands.
    JoJo's spiritual successor CONFIRMED!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

So hyped.

Sairus wrote: »

ankles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Looks colourful

Seems there is going to be a playable version at TGS this year! Probably a very early version but it's pretty cool to see some in-game actual play so early after an announcement...

There's also been a confirmation of a 4 button set up, which makes me think possibly A-B-C regular attacks with D being your Persona's set up. Just speculating though :)

source

And we got an official website...in Japanese: http://p-atlus.jp/p4u/
    There are no gameplay details at the site yet, but as the game's arcade version is scheduled to go playable next week at Tokyo Game Show...
    :D

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Seems there is going to be a playable version at TGS this year! Probably a very early version but it's pretty cool to see some in-game actual play so early after an announcement...

There's also been a confirmation of a 4 button set up, which makes me think possibly A-B-C regular attacks with D being your Persona's set up. Just speculating though :)

source

We expect you to be randomselect.ie's Japanese correspondent.

TGS is your first assignment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pussum

there no atlus eu or arc system eu wonder who will publish this and so the waiting game begins

pussum wrote: »
    there no atlus eu or arc system eu wonder who will publish this and so the waiting game begins

It'll probably be Zen United. They do BlazBlue, Guilty Gear and Arcana Heart - Arc System Work's other fighters.

And since Zen is involved, yes, we will be enjoying the waiting game for quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

arc system eu

http://www.zen-united.biz/

Although given that they seem to be more interested in us being able to rest our wrists between Mei-Fang's breasts than actually bringing games out on time, the waiting game is still very much on (and on and on and on...).

Zen United or Ghostlight probably.

But we'll probably be importing from USA anyway.

Chie seems to have some of Kuradoberi Jam's kick moves from GG.

Just a heads up on this that Zen United will indeed be publishing this in Europe for 2012.
    Not a whole lot of information aside from that, but there ya go.
    http://www.personaeurope.com/

And while I'm here have some Japanese box art:

538174_301913196549699_166777336729953_650090_616144692_n.jpg

It'll be out in JPN on July26th, which is the same day as Aqua Pizza Pazza.

Both game are REALLY popular right now, Persona has a tonne of machines in Akihabara and they are always busy in the evenings. I think it'll do well sales wise. Interestingly enough, Persona is the first game that I've seen more than a handful of female gamers play together in the arcade too. Usually you may see a few of them on Aqua Pazza, and even fewer on SFIV (if at all).

Link

Monkeyto wrote: »
    It'll be out in JPN on July26th, which is the same day as Aqua Pizza Pazza.
    Might pick this up for a larf when I stop off in Tokyo :D

..though probably not. I have no interest in playing this game. Have you tried it out, Monkey?

Have to say of all the Arcsys fighters this one is easily the most visually attractive to me. Think it's the bright colours and the character designs seem a little less... Arcsys-ee, probably because another team was behinf them :D

Yeah I have played it a good bit. For me, it feels very BB, and honestly I wouldn't be able to tell the subtle difference between the 2. Visually it's a feast.

I'll buy it when it comes out, along with AP. It's a fun game and I prefer the chars in this to BB. Kuma is good fun for trolling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

the character designs seem a little less... Arcsys-ee, probably because another team was behinf them :D

They still managed to have 2 characters with no feet though. :p

Can't say I've been terribly interested in this, probably will buy it and play it for a week anyway because.... I dunno I must hate myself. :pac:

Don't Aegis & Labrys have "dark Persona" versions, too?

Anyway, NO FEET :cool:

RhFLZ.jpg

Here's the E3 trailer:

I never noticed this in the arcade version because (1) it's in Japanese and (2) it's usually obscured by the player info anyway but each character has a silly title that's displayed alongside their name in-game. You're not just fighting Yu Narukami, oh no, you're fighting THE SISTER-COMPLEX KINGPIN OF STEEL YU NARUKAMI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

States get it in August,
    anyword on EU ?

Placebo wrote: »
    States get it in August,
    anyword on EU ?

We're getting it but the release date isn't set yet. Zen United actually got the latest edition of BB out on time so hopefully it won't be too long after America.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Ye sure, less go Chie.

• Advertisement

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Ye sure, less go Chie.
    Chie is MAI waifu, hands off.

Placebo wrote: »
    States get it in August,
    anyword on EU ?

http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13124

The game was shown at two events in London and Newport today so a release can't be too far off.

Yreval wrote: »
    The game was shown at two events in London and Newport today so a release can't be too far off.

Had a momentary panic that there was somehow a P4U event in the Tempest venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

Sooooooo hyped for this game. Absolutely loved P4(I want to get a Vita to play Golden tbh) and I've enjoyed what I've played of BlazBlue, so I'm definitely getting this!

Also, I found this a while ago:

600x-1

So, it's definitely coming to Europe, via Zen United. There's no release date yet though. I hope it's in August like in America, so that at least we get it during the summer.

According to Amazon, Play and Zavvi the release date is August 31st.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Apparently the 360 and PS3 American versions are region-locked: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/02/persona-4-arenas-story-mode-is-roughly-half-the-size-of-persona-4/

Think that's the first time that's happened with a PS3 game? But at least we have the European version on the way. 30-40 hours story mode = :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

Region locking is true and Atlus haven't left us in the dark about it.
    Friends of ATLUS,

The last week brought with it news that Persona°4 Arena™ would effectively become the first PlayStation°3 system game to be region-locked. We can today confirm that this is true; the game will be region-locked in all its respective territories of release.

As we've ascertained from your impassioned responses online, this is obviously a tremendous frustration for many fans. We understand the various perspectives on the matter. Those who fear this is a slippery slope, the beginning of a dangerous and unnecessary precedent. Those who import foreign hardware for a multitude of reasons and expect to be unlimited in their software selection. Those who aren't necessarily affected by this issue, but who are principally opposed to it. We are not blind to these concerns and we pledge to grow ever more informed as to exactly what our fans want. It should be added that we were completely unprepared for the force with which the community communicated their disapproval.

There are, however, a few points to clarify. This is NOT the beginning of a new ATLUS policy, nor do we view it as a precedent or a slippery slope. If anything, your determination and dedication to what you believe in has certainly stood in the face of that. This is an isolated case, a situation precipitated by a number of factors, some of which are simply out of our North American hands. Moreover, and perhaps there is no way to convince our fans of this considering the magnitude of the betrayal many are feeling, but we are not doing this out of malice or a desire to control. Allow us to explain.

Persona 4 Arena achieves a number of triumphs for our North American publishing house. For years, our fans have asked us to include dual language audio in our games. Finally, with P4 Arena, we were able to deliver on that desire and include the exact same content as the Japanese release for our North American fans. Moreover, our North American community is often forced to wait months for a localized release (a plight our friends across the Atlantic can relate to). Again, with P4 Arena, we're able to release within two weeks of Japan. We pushed hard for these things. We know our fans want them--well really, EXPECT them--and we did our best to get as much for our release as possible.

The unforeseen consequence in all of this was that we had a version of our biggest game of the year releasing within a couple weeks in two territories, both identical in content, but at radically different price points. Importing, as great as it is for gamers who otherwise can't get access to a title, can also cannibalize the performance of a title in one territory to the benefit of another. While we're all one big ATLUS family, the reality is that the dramatic difference between the Yen and the Dollar makes for a dramatic difference in price. So the decision was made, perhaps at the expense of some of our fans, clearly at the frustration of many, to region-lock Persona 4 Arena.

For many of you, there is no explanation that resonates, no justification that atones for this fact. We can only endeavor to earn back your confidence and, to learn from your arguments. We absolutely recognize the fear that this is the beginning of a trend. We in no way view it as such. Please also keep in mind that the game's excellent online multiplayer is global, a fact that is in no way affected by the region-lock. Players can compete against fighters from all territories.

A tremendous team of talented developers and artists poured their blood, sweat, and tears into Persona 4 Arena, and every reaction we've ever received to the game has shown that those efforts are readily apparent. The decision to region-lock P4 Arena was a business one, one that has very clearly affected how many perceive the project, but we ask you to please not overlook the exceptional efforts of the people behind the game and to work with us through constructive dialogue.

Thank you.

Fantastic to see them reply so quickly.

Personally, since it is coming to Europe the region locking didn't bother me very much. I tend to wait for European releases anyway to show support and to show that Europe has a demand for these kind of things. Many, many people were pissed off at the news of this though. I've even read some comments like, "Atlus you used to cater to your fans so much and now you do this? wtf", or something along those lines. So it's really great to see Atlus reply as they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I don't see what there is to complain about, they're getting the localised version within a fortnight of Japan.

I had to wait an entire year for BBCT on Xbox so they can all STFU.

It is a slippery slope though.
    This happens already happened with anime.

Region-locking is also done to prevent Japanese fans from importing at a cheaper price point.
    Kinda sad really.

Least they're opening communication and not letting resentment build unlike a certain other fighting game company I could mention.

It's a very legit argument to me tbh. If they fought for the quick release, they'll need it to sell to convince their HO that they need to do this for the American market. I've seen the way these things work from the other side. You don't make a business change without a return being expected...

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

yeah I wont be buying this game now because of the region lock, as a consumer I dont care how much business sense it makes for them, half or more of my friends will be long done with this game in 6 months or a year when zen finally releases it in europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sieghardt wrote: »
    yeah I wont be buying this game now because of the region lock, as a consumer I dont care how much business sense it makes for them, half or more of my friends will be long done with this game in 6 months or a year when zen finally releases it in europe

But they've said the NA and Europe releases will be within two weeks of the Japan release. IN fact this is part of the reason for the region lock.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Shut up Orim, people are trying to be offended!! JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

:pac:

Orim wrote: »
    But they've said the NA and Europe releases will be within two weeks of the Japan release. IN fact this is part of the reason for the region lock.
    Actually, I don't think Zen have given a launch window for the EU release. All I've heard them say so far is that they're aiming to have as short a delay between the US/JP release and the EU release as possible and that they thank everyone for their patience.

That definitely sounds like a bit longer than the existing 2 week delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ah that's right it's Zen in Europe. I was just going off the PR thing that Atlus released.

• Advertisement
Advertisement