Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Perl on MAC OSX??

Options
  • 10-01-2006 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to learn some Perl and I've been following instructions I found online for configuring Apache to make perl scripts work!

Obviously I have apache on my machine and I do also have perl (not the latest version but I don't care about that yet) but I cannot get the perl scripts to be interpreted and displayed in my browser (Firefox, Safari or IE) properly! All i'm getting is the script and lots of other code befor ethe script I wrote! - I know the script itself is fine as I copied it directly from a book!

Could it be the text editor I'm using (simpletext)? or is it more likely that I configured the httpd.conf file incorrectly! I'm also wondering if it might be the location where I'm storing my pages as comapred to the location of Apache? I'm really new to this and amn't used to shell comands or installations!

Any help or advice (constructive) would be most appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement