Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teamspeak

Options
  • 17-11-2012 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

I just got myself a surround sound headset and microphone and I've been experimenting with Teamspeak. Unfortunately, every time I log into the Boards.ie server (eurots1.gameservers.com:9107) over the last few days I'm the only soul there. Does anybody else use this service, and if so, what games do you play? Do people prefer the voice service built into games? I usually don't hear people using it in Bad company 2.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes loads of people use it amongst other means of voice comms,ventrilo,mumble for example.
    Pretty much all PC community,clan,guild out there use some form of voice comms.
    Get yourself involved with a community,clan,guild or whatever for games you enjoy is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I know how ye feel Baked.Noodle,

Its the same for me, noone ever on the boards.ie TS, i thought there would have been for COD etc..but..it's pretty much empty all the time.

As DCully said, your best bet would be to find a community/clan relative to the game(s) you play.

If you list some of the games you play, people here could probably recommend a good clan/community

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i got on my PC:

mumble
    vent
    teamspeak

all for different groups of people i play with. quite annoying if you ask me. Built in system in games most of the time is a pair of balls.

If you looking for boardsies, then there should be few on teamspeak. Some BF3 and world of tanks players if i remember right use it mostly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I know how ye feel Baked.Noodle,

Its the same for me, noone ever on the boards.ie TS, i thought there would have been for COD etc..but..it's pretty much empty all the time.

As DCully said, your best bet would be to find a community/clan relative to the game(s) you play.

If you list some of the games you play, people here could probably recommend a good clan/community

Myself and a few others are on a few times a week.

There's normally 2/3 on BF3 in the evenings, and there's normally 2/3 on the Minecraft channel also. DayZ sometimes has a few also, but not that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I usually don't hear people using it in Bad company 2.
    Find a clan server, and join their Teamspeak. For example, I'd sometimes jump onto 1PARA's or CI's TS server when playing BF3, of Tals TS when playing Minecraft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Thanks guys. I don't have BF3 but I do have Bad Company 2, Dayz mod and Minecraft. Don't play games too regularly, about 4 hours a week. I guess I should get on a game server, and keep my eyes peeled for a Teamspeak server. Pity its not more streamlined. Do I need to get a password for most servers? Does it generally cost money to join a clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JoeFitz

This isn't a boards server anymore lads :) Clan server now.

Advertisement