Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good doctors on northside of Dublin

Options
  • 10-12-2010 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi everyone. me and my girlfriend found out yesterday that she is pregnant. went to her doctor and found him really unhelpful. this is our first baby and we are terrified and clueless and just want to do it right. can anyone recommend a good G.P. in the santry, finglas, glasnevin or ballymun area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ralph_wiggum

so that would be a big no then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GoldDust

PM'd you!

Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Firstly congrats. Secondly, the one thing my first gp said to me on my first pg was to not expect any special treatment. For you this is a momentous event, all consuming and vitally important, for doctors it is a run of the mill daily event. She advised me to not be too upset by the off-hand attitude of doctors or nurses as they see all this as routine.
    Go to the hospital, and perhaps dont opt for combined care if you really dont like him or maybe see another doc in the same surgery.
    Good luck HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fiona stephanie

Hi congrats on the pregnancy! I went to holles street with all 3 of my children, and on the first two i opted not to have combined care as like you I found my doc very unhelpful, and found holles street great if you can put up with the wait, which isnt to bad(about an hour). on my last baby I chose combined care as I switched my doc to a surgery in Donaghmede, and she is brilliant, very helpful and couldnt do enough for me when I was pregnant! Im sorry I cant reccommend anyone in the areas you suggested. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 giz_a_job

hi everyone. me and my girlfriend found out yesterday that she is pregnant. went to her doctor and found him really unhelpful. this is our first baby and we are terrified and clueless and just want to do it right. can anyone recommend a good G.P. in the santry, finglas, glasnevin or ballymun area?
    Docs office upstairs in Donaghmede, 2 male doctors up there, both excellent, esp at pregnancy advice etc, they do the combined visits thing to save you going to the hospitals. I hightly recommend both of these doctors, esp when you have your baby, they are very good, and will really put you at ease about anything.
    Me, wife +2 kids all go to them, not often TG.

• Advertisement
Advertisement