Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten password?

Options
  • 05-01-2006 2:12am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine has forgotten her password for her mac so that now she cannot install updates etc. Any solutions for her? (Apart from one of those improve your memory type books:) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I think booting from the original OS install CD (Hold down "c" key while powering on)> Quitting from the OS installer and from the menus select <Change Password> or something like that . . it's a while since I've needed to do this because I bought an >Improve your memory in 21 days book < :D

ZEN

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ZENER wrote:
    I think booting from the original OS install CD (Hold down "c" key while powering on)> Quitting from the OS installer and from the menus select <Change Password> or something like that . . it's a while since I've needed to do this because I bought an >Improve your memory in 21 days book < :D

ZEN

thanks for the prompt reply - can I borrow that book if you can remember where you left it?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Aye, it's up there on the file menu when you startup from the OS10.4 disk. That saved my life the other day.

Advertisement