Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i wouldnt roy a clone of marth since Roy moves not exact same marth but are similar

Surely it would be better to have him as an alt with the fire effects added than to not have him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Every time I see one of those posts quoted, a small part of my soul curls up and dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

there slight difference from Super Smash Bros. 4 from wiiu to 3ds version the wiiu and 3ds feature all same playable characters but the levels will be different between from 3ds to wiiu version the level on 3ds version will be more based handheld games levels and wiiu levels will be more based console games levels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT4xjd9bGI0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

there slight difference from Super Smash Bros. 4 from wiiu to 3ds version the wiiu and 3ds feature all same playable characters but the levels will be different between from 3ds to wiiu version the level on 3ds version will be more based handheld games levels and wiiu levels will be more based console games levels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT4xjd9bGI0

99% sure we've known that for a long while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I dunno at what point I went from not giving a crap about this, to actually being kinda hype, but this looks sweet.

I think Melee's plight to get into Evo broke the cynicism Brawl instilled in me. Totally gonna install Project M now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I dunno at what point I went from not giving a crap about this, to actually being kinda hype, but this looks sweet.

I think Melee's plight to get into Evo broke the cynicism Brawl instilled in me. Totally gonna install Project M now.
    I feel sorry for the Smash4 team :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the Smash4 team :pac:

I'll still absolutely buy Smash 4 for 3DS. I don't think fan projects like this will hurt legitimate sales of a new entry in the series.

On the contrary, extra hype and enthusiasm for the series can only help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihiu6eHtPvk

ganondrof is back in ssb4

Metaknight is back in ssb4

Wario is back in ssb4

zero samus suit is back in ssb4

ganondrof is back in ssb4
    Metaknight is back in ssb4
    Wario is back in ssb4
    zero samus suit is back in ssb4

None of this is true. I was expecting a misinterpretation of a project M video, but your video is from January of this year, and shows footage from Brawl.

• Advertisement

*snip*

Jesus, this looks unreal! Making it my mission to get that set up this week.

On a completely different note, I'm really hoping that Smash 4 will have this track available for one of the Pokemon stages:

Nah man, X and Y soundtrack inclusion needs to be all about the Gym Leader theme, Team Flare battles, Bike music and Gated areas.

The best thing about the inclusion of Mario Galaxy, aside from the presumably nuts stage, is that that game has a phenomenal soundtrack. I won't even link individual tunes, it's all great.

Nah man, X and Y soundtrack inclusion needs to be all about the Gym Leader theme, Team Flare battles, Bike music and Gated areas.

Gym Leader is my second favourite theme in the game, next to Rival Battle, and I'll admit that Bicycle would work in Smash, but I'm not a fan of Team Flare's theme, and Gate is too slow and calm for a fight.

I'd happily take Lysandre's theme over Team Flare:

I'd happily take Lysandre's theme over Team Flare:

Yeah I said "Team Flare Battles" and that's one of them.

It's surprising you'ld like that but actually dislike the standard theme.
    They're two arrangements of the same song, way more similar (to my ear at least) than any of the grunt versus team lead themes from previous games.

Yeah I said "Team Flare Battles" and that's one of them.

It's surprising you'ld like that but actually dislike the standard theme.
    They're two arrangements of the same song, way more similar (to my ear at least) than any of the grunt versus team lead themes from previous games.

I can see why you'd think that, but to me the subtle differences set them apart in a big way. I've heard plenty of tunes I didn't particularly care for remixed into something much more appealing, and vice versa.

Lysandre's version has a much harder beat to it and generally comes off as much more menacing than that of the grunts. Maybe it's just that I really couldn't take the grunts seriously - even less so than previous Teams - but when I first battled Lysandre and that theme started playing, I was much more pulled in.

That said, I completely missed that you were referring to the lot of them.

Maybe it's just that I really couldn't take the grunts seriously

You couldn't take these beasts seriously?

hqdefault.jpg

That's unpossible!

• Advertisement

Xerneas is pokemon behind pikachu, Xerneas could be new pokemon ssb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0y...ture=autoshare

but i do hate ganondorf in ssb because he was a clone of captain falcon but stronger, i rather prefer they made ganondorf in ssb with moves from zelda games

dailysmashimage_zps2846fd26.jpg

Streetpass quest stage!

That's actually pretty cool, since that actually had some cool aspects to it, and surprisingly good music.
    I can see 3DS Miis featuring in the background of this stage for definite.

In-game villager lends credence to the Internet Villager persona by unveiling a new attack:

Using an effigy of the dead as a ballistic missle to harm the living

dailysmashimagevillager_zps20ad3423.jpg

Kirby can only look on in horror.....

i want use my mii in ssb 4, like nintendo did for mario tennis, mario kart, mario golf, mario and sonic games, lol dose have feature to have mario in title to get mii character if going Streetpass quest stage in ssb 4 aleast put mii as playable character

• Advertisement

Rob was 1st games controller for Nes he was released in July 1985, then he appeared as one of main non playable characters in starfox games as Fox MC Cloud's ship computer in starwing on snes February 21, 1993 - until gamecube and starfox command on nintendo DS and remake of starfox 64 on 3ds,

then he appeared
    Mario Kart DS

November 14, 2005

ROB in Mario Kart DS R.O.B. is an unlockable character in the Nintendo DS video game Mario Kart DS (unlocked by completing all of the GPS levels)  then he appeared is an unlockable character for SSB Brawl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

http://shoryuken.com/2013/12/09/project-m-3-0-now-available-full-change-list-released/

ProjectM 3.0 is now available to download.
    Remember, to run this you don't actually need a modded Wii. You just need a copy of the game, a Wii and a 2GB SD card to store the ProjectM file. It can then be launched from inside the actual game. Here's a guide: http://www.ign.com/wikis/smash-bros-project-m/How_to_Install_Project_M

EDIT: It was pointed out to me that this currently only works on US versions of Brawl, so you might need to hang on for a bit before playing!

A bunch of the new costumes are really damn cool too:
    projectm-bowser-dry.png

projectm-luigi-mrl.png

projectm-wolf-classic.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is that MR L from VGCW? :o

Looks like PAL Brawl isn't supported just yet, but it should come soon.

*edit* I'll have to look into soft-modding.
    And buying Brawl.

wii, wii u and 3ds are region lock

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Looks like PAL Brawl isn't supported just yet, but it should come soon.

*edit* I'll have to look into soft-modding.
    And buying Brawl.

You've probably copped it by now, but PAL isn't getting support, as it'd require manually making all of the mods again from scratch. PAL Wiis need some Homebrew and either a US Brawl disc or an .iso of the US version on a USB.

I should have mine set up by this evening.

Project M 3.0 is now up and running on my Wii. It is fantastic. I'll probably bring it down to Galway this weekend, since Jimmy mentioned the possibility of Smash casuals.

yeh i saw new playable character for SSB4 and its Rosalina i saw her today in SSB4 in new nintendo direct that was shown at 2pm today

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

Damn, we finally got a sweet reveal trailer, and I read Wampy's post before I saw the video.

New character looks great. I wonder will it be more similar to Ice Climbers' or Olimar's control style.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Getting owned by wampy... Get used to that feeling Dave!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Getting owned by wampy... Get used to that feeling Dave!

when i saw it at 1st i thought kirby coming to mario kart 8 but new character Rosalina coming to ssb4 a wish come true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I really like the look of Rosalina. The simplified puppet mechanic is really neat. I don't know if I could play her with that Dhalsim jump though. Sooo slooowwwww. Her reflect is really nice too. Using the Player 2 wiimote pointer is a clever touch.

iYVyKXWzKk8YE.gif

Damn that looks nice.

I wonder what the deal with Nintendo really pushing Rosalina recently? She's playable in 3D World, being added to the arcade Mario Kart and now she's in Smash.

1470144_699778363379705_1004974497_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Not sure, I think they just want to flesh out more girl characters in the Nintendo franchises for fans or girls? Iunno. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

She had her own story independent of Mario. And the luma's are very cute so for me it's a no brainer. She's the only female character they've had who isn't a damsel or sexualised......like peach or samus. Some people will argue Sheik but she is just a damsel who hides and waits for Link to show up. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

I'm over in the states so I'm picking up an American copy of Brawl in the shops over the next few days. :D Can't wait for that project M

Xu2MykA.jpg

Look who just rejoined.

awesome zelda is back naturally she in feature as playable character in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl and she is very popular Nintendo character

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Not really following this, but saw it pop up on reddit, so here you go!

King Dedede added to both consoles.

main.png

screen-6.jpg

more here:
    http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/dedede.html

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Glad to see him make it back in! Not a big smash guy, but Kirby and King Dedede are sick

So glad Dedede's back. He's pretty much Sakurai's self-insert character, so I didn't have any doubts, but he made playing Brawl somewhat bearable by being such a boss.

what-does-THIS-button-do.jpg

i prefer meta knight to king dedede

So Sakurai is finally talking about some of the interesting stuff: Mechanics changes

.....and of course is doing it in the vaguest ways possible. First up is edges.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/01/21/masahiro-sakurai-provides-details-on-edge-grabbing-changes-in-upcoming-super-smash-bros/

• There's an image that apparently shows Links grab "beating" Mario's edgehogging. This would be a gigantic change to how the game is played. It's hard to even emphasis the impact this would have.
    • "Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge." Interesting as well. If your invincibility is close to zero after zero air time, this would kill edge camping, which I think would be a very positive change (most notable at Apex with Mew2king's Shiek)
    • "Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage." Less significant since I don't see much high level play of people using edge controls, it's more commonly players letting go (unaffected by %) and then using their standard aerial movement to get back on. This is kind of interesting from a game mechanics perspective though, since this is one of the few areas of Smash which diminished your control abilities for playing badly (slower edge actions at high damage), with the other being the difficulty in mashing out of the throws.

Now that I mention Smash's mechanics which punish players for losing, it's funny to think that in an era of Ultras and X-Factor, it's one of the few games without a built-in comeback factor.

Not that I am in favour of that one way or the other, but it's certainly distinctive.

• Advertisement

i would never do that too risky loosing the game

You should come to our Dublin Melee tournaments. We are all pretty risky and loose.

We are all pretty risky and lose.

Fixed that for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

If you aren't chasing people off the stage for a glorious spike at all costs you're doing it wrong. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

High risk high reward. Dat cpt Falcon amirite?

• Advertisement
Advertisement