Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard Issue

Options
  • 16-10-2012 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Plug an external keyboard into usb slot, and disconnect the on board keyboard (physically). Looks like the motherboard is damaged unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

You've nothing to lose by opening it up and letting it dry out properly for a day, its a fingers crossed and hope for the best situation.
    Have a look at this http://didntyouhear.com/you-can-fix-a-wet-computer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I would put it in a hot press for a couple of days. Remove the battery and leave it there for a few days if possible. With the keyboard removed will help.

Judging by the double keys you are getting, drying it out has a fair chance of working.

Using a hair dryer on it is another option if you can open the case up, but the hot press will dry it out completely if left in it long enough.

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »

Post up how you get on. Others might benefit from what you do if it works.

Its likely the drying out sorted keyboard. Bad solder joints are more likely to cause some keys not to work.

I dropped my phone into the edge of a lake while doing a bit of fishing yesterday as it happens:D

Removed battery quickly which is the important part, got home, open case, and hair dryer. Sorted.

Advertisement