Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast food places: Do you tidy up afterwards

Options
  • 24-08-2008 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Was reading the Greystones forum and a poster expressed outrage at the people who go into fast food places and leave their trays behind them. A lot of people giving about about everything and a fair bit of NIBMYism but it's an interesting forum to read.

So if you to McDonalds, Burger King or Supermacs and you've finished your tray what do you do?

I sometimes put the tray by the bin but it's not something I'd worry about. I certainly didn't know you had to and that people were looking down on me for not doing it. :(

Any difference between what happens in Ireland or other countries?

You've finished your tray in McDonalds, Supermacs or Burger King, what next? 200 votes

Always empty my tray by the bin. Only lazy people don't do this and I look down at them
    0% 0 votes
    Meh, let the staff clean the tables, that's their job and I paid my money already
    84% 168 votes
    Fire the tray across the place like a skanger!
    16% 32 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I wouldn't look down on someone who didn't, but I would always clear my stuff away.
    It's how I was brought up. I don't throw litter or spit chewing gum out on the street either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yeah i'd always clean up after myself, unless the staff were dickheads to me in which case i'd probably leave it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Isnt that what the Polish/Chinese are paid for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

I always tidy up after myself in these places, i worked in one when i was 16...christ that's almost 10 years ago now....and know how the staff feel when it comes to cleaning up other peoples food mess, which i can tell you isn't always pleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I always clean it up. It disgusts me when I see people leaving half eaten food strewn across the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

brought up to me clean and tidy, polite to all etc.. so i'd always throw my stuff in the bin.
    caoibhin what did you think before the poles/chinese were in Ireland? "thats what the scummers are for.." sheesh...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It stands to reason that you were dragged up of you leave your tray lying around. Selfish and Lazy and looking after number one. Its a small indicator to overall personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I always clean up if there's a bin which is not full.

The "it's someone's job" excuse doesn't wash with me. It's someone's job to clean the toilets too, doesn't mean you should sh*t all over the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

9/10 i clean up after myself,dump rubbish in bin and leave tray above it. There is the odd time when i just cannot be bothered or time is pressing,i don't feel bad about it either!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Always clean up after myself in these places, rude not to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Always do or if the bin's full I'll put everything neatly on the tray. It's disgusting the way some people leave their tables sometimes.
    Don't forget - next time you can't find a seat in one of these places it's because the someone has to clean up after the last bunch of slobs!

I get really upset if the people I'm with just dump their dirt behind them, for the staff to deal with.
    Slaps ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

caoibhin wrote: »
    Isnt that what the Polish/Chinese are paid for?

No it's not. They are paid to serve you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I would clean up after me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

I'd usually clear up after myself, just simple thing of showing some respect to the poor batarde that has to work that sheety job. I wouldn't 'look down' on someone for not doing it though, a lot of people don't realise that there's anything wrong.

Really though, I don't know what it's like in other parts of the country but in Cork I allways pity the buggers in burger king at 2:30/3:00 on saturday morning, i'd say I could only last working one night in those conditions. hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

just simple thing of showing some respect to the poor batarde that has to work that sheety job.

Like they said.

I always put my stuff in the bin and give the table a wipe. Don't mind if others don't do it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

I worked in a Subway and from the mess some people made, I really became conscious of how rude it is not to take the ten seconds it requires to put your rubbish in the bin. I always clean up after myself now. Well, I always did really but I'm more conscious of it now. But I don't really look down on those who don't. If my friends are with me and they leave their rubbish I'll go and do it for them rather than leave it, its just a habit for me. If a worker in the place was a total dick, and I knew they'd be the one responsible for cleaning up, can't rule out the possibility I'd be a mean person and leave my rubbish for them as revenge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,716 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I always put my stuff in the bin or if it's full will leave it neatly on the tray close to it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I always make sure I leave no mess behind me by never going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it shocks me how some people's tables get so fecking dirty at fast food places, i mean christ there's food all over the place. fair enough if they are dining with kids but the most part they aren't.

i eat off the tray so there's very little to clean up and it's simple enough to grab the tray on the way out and pop my rubbish in the bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

foinse wrote: »
    I always tidy up after myself in these places, i worked in one when i was 16...christ that's almost 10 years ago now....and know how the staff feel when it comes to cleaning up other peoples food mess, which i can tell you isn't always pleasant.

this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Says a lot about the person who doesnt clean up.
    I saw a builder throw a plastic coke bottle out of his van. I'm still angry about that several days later. I felt a strong urge to get out of the car and shove that bottle up his exhaust pipe, but i'm no hero. I bet that wánker never cleans up after himself either and yet cheers along at Irish football matches and considers himself proud to be be Irish..Aghhhh..it really bothers me!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

"When a waterford person, Ian, leaves his tray on the table, its a sign that he's enjoyed his food"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I always clean up afterwards but I wouldn't get enraged if someone didn't or look down on people either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I always clean up after myself and if my mates don't I badger them into doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Always empty tray into the bin..and say thanks on the way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Always. I have worked service industry type jobs before so I have some
    idea how they feel if a slob leaves their crap behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Always empty my tray by the bin. Only lazy people don't do this and I look down at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Guys, if you went to a restraunt, would you offer to clean the table after you? Didnt think so.
    sometimes i do clean up after myself in McDs or Buggerking, sometimes i dont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Guys, if you went to a restraunt, would you offer to clean the table after you? Didnt think so.
    sometimes i do clean up after myself in McDs or Buggerking, sometimes i dont.

Are there bins available for you to do so in the restraunt ? Didnt think so.

Advertisement