Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Information Stealing

• 21-08-2008 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

A friend of mine likes to go into a large bookstore in town. Pick up a magazine or book which is on sale and proceed to their coffee place (located on their premises) and enjoy a cup of tea while reading.

When he is finished he places the magazine/book back on the shelf and leaves.

My question is , is this only morally wrong or is it wrong in the eyes of the law ?

Morally or Legally Wrong 9 votes

Morally
    0% 0 votes
    Legally
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Where's the "Neither" option???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

[fail lolocat]fail lolocat[/fail lolocat]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

Isn't it much the same as reading information of the Internet, logging onto sites then claiming it as your own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

A friend of mine likes to go onto boards.ie. He then starts a fairly innane thread (located in their forums) and enjoys a cup of tea while waiting for people to read it.

When he is finished he places a fairly odd poll with too few options to attract even more people and then leaves.

My question is, is this only morally wrong or is it wrong in the eyes of the law to steal 2 minutes of people's lives that they could actually have more gainfully spent self harming or even just staring vacantly into space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

This Borders you're talking about?

This is allowed there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Its not stealing just borrowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Its not stealing just borrowing.

Only if you forget everything you read before leaving the shop.

If American daytime soap operas are to believed, a light smack on the head never fails to induce amnesia. Maybe someone could be employed to clatter the offenders with a weighty tome (e.g. the collected works of Barbara Cartland) at the door as people leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I was reading a magazine down at the loading bay of one of your best book/magazine shops, upon starting to read the front cover of the mag, the supervisor of the store stormed out and gave out sh*t to me, I didn't see anything wrong with it, I continue to read newspapers for free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Dinter wrote: »
    A friend of mine likes to go onto boards.ie. He then starts a fairly innane thread (located in their forums) and enjoys a cup of tea while waiting for people to read it.

When he is finished he places a fairly odd poll with too few options to attract even more people and then leaves.

My question is, is this only morally wrong or is it wrong in the eyes of the law to steal 2 minutes of people's lives that they could actually have more gainfully spent self harming or even just staring vacantly into space.

A person i dont like replies to said posts further wasting his own time , no more proof is required that he has nothing better to do in his or her sorry sad excuse for a life

hoppo254 wrote: »
    A person i dont like replies to said posts further wasting his own time , no more proof is required that he has nothing better to do in his or her sorry sad excuse for a life

Hey, that's cold, you ice cold! I don't even know you man! Why you be with the hating on me?

I'm sorry but if it's about your ho, she was hittin' on me first! I didn't go near her till she started grinding herself against me. I told her to tell you nicely. How was I to know she'd go straight back to your crib, stinkin' of sex, and tell you "to figure it out". It's not my fault man!

[serious] Ok I'm sorry for criticising your wonderful thread that managed to garner a massive 7 replies in four days. It is definitely a contender, nay, a shoe-in for thread off the year. I'm sorry that I didn't pm more people to tell them to check out the ethical revelations and dilemnas you were wrestling with in such an illuminating and interesting fashion and to see the INTERACTIVE poll you had. I'm sorry I found your thread one of the most innane, pointless, specious exercises in banality I've ever encountered. [serious]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Hey, that's cold, you ice cold! I don't even know you man! Why you be with the hating on me?

I'm sorry but if it's about your ho, she was hittin' on me first! I didn't go near her till she started grinding herself against me. I told her to tell you nicely. How was I to know she'd go straight back to your crib, stinkin' of sex, and tell you "to figure it out". It's not my fault man!

[serious] Ok I'm sorry for criticising your wonderful thread that managed to garner a massive 7 replies in four days. It is definitely a contender, nay, a shoe-in for thread off the year. I'm sorry that I didn't pm more people to tell them to check out the ethical revelations and dilemnas you were wrestling with in such an illuminating and interesting fashion and to see the INTERACTIVE poll you had. I'm sorry I found your thread one of the most innane, pointless, specious exercises in banality I've ever encountered. [serious]

WOW brilliant use of sarcasm there, is that what you feel is your one redeeming feature ?

If you found the thread boring then dont post a reply ? Simple. Move on with your life. [Moron]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Get a room you two!

hoppo254 wrote: »
    WOW brilliant use of sarcasm there

You see there you go. Thank you for the compliment. Now we can be friends. :o

Now that I've made a friend, do you want to pm me your details? Maybe we can meet up? We could go to shops and look at the books together. Maybe pore over a magazine together when we're not staring into each others eyes and proffering friendship bracelets.

How does that sound bff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yeah, I'd go for option A (standard answer to most b.ie q's)

fail/lolcat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

You see there you go. Thank you for the compliment. Now we can be friends. :o

Now that I've made a friend, do you want to pm me your details*

*details to include bank account number, sort code, DOB and mother's maiden name please...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

ah boards love..........the dirtiest best kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I go to a bookshop, take a few Dan Brown books off the shelves squat in the corner with my cup of tea and be about my business. Using the leaves of Dans book to wipe up after myself. I take epic sh!ts.

Advertisement