Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Wont Boot

• 16-10-2012 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a Dell Vostro 1510 with Vista and it hasn't been used for 3 months. When I turn it on, the Microsoft Corporation logo comes up as if its about to load but then the screen stays black after this.

I then am unable to turn off the laptop with the on/off button so have to pull out the power cord at the back to turn it off.

There is no problem getting into Safe Mode, any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

First thing I always suspect on an older machine is corrupt data on a hard drive. It could be just that one file that is needed to get the thing started. A good pc fixer will pull your hard drive, replace with a similar sized one, re-install the OS and then start transferring your data over from the first drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Hi, I have a Dell Vostro 1510 with Vista and it hasn't been used for 3 months. When I turn it on, the Microsoft Corporation logo comes up as if its about to load but then the screen stays black after this.

I then am unable to turn off the laptop with the on/off button so have to pull out the power cord at the back to turn it off.

There is no problem getting into Safe Mode, any ideas.

Thanks in advance

download lavasoft / and spybot remove and run them on the machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

/If you have the OS cd that came with it you could boot from that and try a repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Hi, I was able to do a system restore(I think is the right term) to when I last used it 3 months back and its now working.

Advertisement