Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spilled coffee!!!!!

• 13-09-2012 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

watsup peeps!!having a prob with my laptop!!about 2 weeks ago my nephen let a cup of coffee spill on the keyboard!!the laptop still boots up and runs perfect just some of the keys on the keyboard aint working!!do yous reckon its a new keyboard i need?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Thats what I'd do. They are fairly easy to change, you would prob get one on ebay for 20 euro or so. Check youtube for disassembly video for your model. In the meantime you could get a usb keyboard for 6 euro from tesco, or use the on-screen keyboard app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You need to clean out the coffee. If it gets the fans and vents blocked it will eventually overheat. If your lucky it won't have gone past the keyboard. If you're not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

The poor-mans method would be to disassemble the laptop keyboard and fill the bath about 7 inches high with luke-warm water and leave it there for 6 hours and now and again slosh it left and right a few times to break the sticky stuff from it.

then dry it with a warm setting on a hair-dryer until fully dry and re-connect, it might work but it might not, i got a few working perfectly before but it all depends whether any components were damaged on the circuit-board. I know it's a peter marks job but it might just bring it back together, but make absolutely sure the keyboard is bone dry before reassembling said keyboard.

It spilt 7 up on mine. But I turned if off, removed the keyboard, replaced it, and cleaned out the fans, heatsinks, and any trace of the 7up. Only then did I restart it, and its worked fine since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

BostonB wrote: »
    You need to clean out the coffee. If it gets the fans and vents blocked it will eventually overheat. If your lucky it won't have gone past the keyboard. If you're not...
    most keyboards are designed not to leak-through. Mine definitely has a plastic membrane that keeps dirt and debris from falling into the machine.

• Advertisement

they certainly help but my case some liquid still got though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

dont let your 6 year old nephew drink coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

What make is it?

HP laptop keyboards are basically just flat and waterproof at the back. Have one here in front of me. Dell is the same. Potentially liquid could go down the side is all.

Advertisement