Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Pox

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Got it when I was about 5 and still have the scars, 3 of which that are on my head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

I got them last year, I was 22 and it was shít.

My GP was amazed that I never got em, I explained that I was an only child and he reckoned that that was why I never got em before, all the kids got them during summer hols or before they went to school.

My entire body was covered, inside my mouth, on my tongue between my toes, my meat and 2 veg, inside my ears, EVERYWHERE. Got loads of photo's too, but I've no notion of posting them.

Felt crap, had really bad acne in my mid teens that cleared up perfectly and was hit with the Chicken Pox, was so worried about marks and scars, but my only advise if/WHEN is get to a GP and get really strong anti-Histimenes (Spelling!!) They did wonders for the Iching, I really had no iching at all. The lotions do not work.

You will only scar if you scratch, other wise the spots will just boil up, crust/scab over and heal, they whole process is 2 weeks to be totally back to normal.

It's a real sneaky virus too, you get it 2 weeks before you know you have it, take like 15 days for it to incubate in your body!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭i didn't do it

still have a tiny circle shaped scar right between my eyebrows from where i scratched over 20 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

i remeber when i was a kid, when one of the other kids in the neighbourhood got chicken pox or measels all the parents would make all the kids play together and try and make as many of them get it as possible so it was over and done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Muzzy wrote: »

Yeah I got it when I was 22 too after my brother got it. I initially thought it was gonna be ok as minor sicknesses go but it was pretty horrendous.

As bad as all the spots were, the fever was the worst part for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Muzzy wrote: »

My GP was amazed that I never got em, I explained that I was an only child and he reckoned that that was why I never got em before, all the kids got them during summer hols or before they went to school.

My entire body was covered, inside my mouth, on my tongue between my toes, my meat and 2 veg, inside my ears, EVERYWHERE. Got loads of photo's too, but I've no notion of posting them.

Felt crap, had really bad acne in my mid teens that cleared up perfectly and was hit with the Chicken Pox, was so worried about marks and scars, but my only advise if/WHEN is get to a GP and get really strong anti-Histimenes (Spelling!!) They did wonders for the Iching, I really had no iching at all. The lotions do not work.

You will only scar if you scratch, other wise the spots will just boil up, crust/scab over and heal, they whole process is 2 weeks to be totally back to normal.

It's a real sneaky virus too, you get it 2 weeks before you know you have it, take like 15 days for it to incubate in your body!

:eek::eek:
    Now I wish I'd never asked :(:(

I must go find a protective bubble....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

My young lad has CP at the moment . He's generous by nature so no doubt he'll give them to his 5 year old sis so they'll both miss out on going to school/pre-school for start of term . He was also warm-hearted enough to give me shingles , which I'm just getting over now (I hope!) . I thought it was just some infection or other on my scalp so pretty much ignored it for the first couple of days . Then woke up with a face like I'd been kick-boxed to within an inch of my life . Doc sent me to hospital and it turns out I'm lucky I didnt go blind in the affected eye . And the hosp doc says it'll be back , most likely . Happy days :mad:

Am now planning on going into the bubble business if you're interested , OP .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

nessyguin wrote: »
    My young lad has CP at the moment . He's generous by nature so no doubt he'll give them to his 5 year old sis so they'll both miss out on going to school/pre-school for start of term . He was also warm-hearted enough to give me shingles , which I'm just getting over now (I hope!) . I thought it was just some infection or other on my scalp so pretty much ignored it for the first couple of days . Then woke up with a face like I'd been kick-boxed to within an inch of my life . Doc sent me to hospital and it turns out I'm lucky I didnt go blind in the affected eye . And the hosp doc says it'll be back , most likely . Happy days :mad:

Am now planning on going into the bubble business if you're interested , OP .

Woah! You've just had shingles??

STEP AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER. YOU COULD BE TRANSMITTING IT THROUGH THE INTERNET! :eek::eek:

(Hope you get better soon though! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

I've a wireless connection so everyone within 500m of me was carrying it last week . Update your anti-virus and hope for the best ...

I don't have shingles, I have slates :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I've had it twice, once as a child 5or 6 and again when I was 22, was a horrible experience,

Was shocked when doctor said it was CP, as I already had it and thought I couldn't get it twice.

Lost about 1.5stone in 3 weeks .. as anything that went in went straight back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

I'm in the same situation as the OP. My little bro and sister had it at the same time. All my other bros and sisters had it but I never got it.

Hauk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I remember having Chicken Pox. Me and my twin brother had it at the same time. :(

Had it for my birthday, don't know how old I was. It was very itchy though.

Glad I got it young though. :pac:

Advertisement