Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this normal for a bisexual?

Options
  • 03-10-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Recently iv noticed that I go back and forth between being very attracted to the opposite sex and having less interest in the same sex, to the complete opposite where I'm mostly attracted to same sex and not as interested in the opposite one, I usually switch every couple of weeks! Considering that bisexuals are attracted to both sexes, is it normal that i am never very attracted to both sexes at once?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I suppose it depends on your age as I'd imagine teenagers up to college years people are more inclined to experiment but sexuality is a very fluid thing, can often sway back and forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The impression I got from many bi people was that bisexuality was rarely about being attracted to both genders all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bisexual4 wrote: »
    Recently iv noticed that I go back and forth between being very attracted to the opposite sex and having less interest in the same sex, to the complete opposite where I'm mostly attracted to same sex and not as interested in the opposite one, I usually switch every couple of weeks! Considering that bisexuals are attracted to both sexes, is it normal that i am never very attracted to both sexes at once?

Yes. As a bi man I have flipped through phases were I seem to prefer one sex over the other.

the phases can be weeks on end or days or years or months. There are no rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the replys, I'm in my late twenties so I thought it was strange going through these 'phases' every so often at my age. It's inconvenient when dating but at least I'm not the only one who experiences it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RSully

Yep, being a bi man myself I would say it's perfectly normal, and as BonnieSituation said there are no rules!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bisexual4 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replys, I'm in my late twenties so I thought it was strange going through these 'phases' every so often at my age. It's inconvenient when dating but at least I'm not the only one who experiences it.

I'm 30. I had my first "gay" experience when I was 17. And it took me until this year to come out as bi to everyone. In the middle of that I'm in a committed relationship with a girl but I'm out to her and we have those conversations about boys etc.

There's no phases. I met my mates new bf recently and I totally "phwoared" over him for the night. Conversely I was chatting to my gf about her housemate who she thinks is gorgeous...

Literally, there are no rules. Embrace it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I found as I got older, sexuality definitely became more fluid for me. I considered myself mostly lesbian throughout my teens and early twenties and only began experimenting with men in my early/mid twenties. Until that point I thought I never wanted to sleep with a man. First time was 25. Happy I had waited as emotionally ready. Since then I have gone between both at different times (like other posters on here, never really felt the attraction for both at the same time) but each time I seem to go more over towards the guys! :P I imagine a time when I wont fancy women at all :(

Advertisement