Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

first penetrative sex...

• 24-09-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭

hi im a bi guy who just last week went to a gay sauna, this was my third time in the sauna. the previous two times I gave and received oral sex with a condom. any way I had sex with a guy the last visit. I f**ed him with a condom of course, I was a little worried as to sexual safety but he said he was clean any way I pulled out just as I came , just to be sure. I really enjoyed this first sexual intercourse with a guy and would love to try again. it was my first time to actually cum from penetrative sex as opposed to masturbation. is there any or much risk from what I did??:( I have loads of questions this is my most pressing concern thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you wore protection, and it stayed intact you most likely have very little to worry about (pulling out to cum would have very little effect from your POV, safety wise)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Dickie10

POV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Point of view

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Lots of people will 'say they were clean' - be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

You should just get into the habbit of going to the clinic regularly. Its not as bad as people say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Rory28 wrote: »
    You should just get into the habbit of going to the clinic regularly. Its not as bad as people say.

Literally bring a book, have the craic with the nurses, it's grand. Nothing really to worry about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Ash885 wrote: »
    Literally bring a book, have the craic with the nurses, it's grand. Nothing really to worry about.

But surely by the time you get to the clinic its to late!! Simply just use protection and you wont have to worry! Its that simple!

Locker10a wrote: »
    But surely by the time you get to the clinic its to late!! Simply just use protection and you wont have to worry! Its that simple!

I never once suggested unprotective sex. I suppose it's everyone's choice, but for me it's silly to play with chance like that.

It was in reply to someone saying to get checked regularly, which I do agree with. And saying for those of us who are 100% committed to safety, to still get checked out of habit ^^

Ash885 wrote: »
    I never once suggested unprotective sex. I suppose it's everyone's choice, but for me it's silly to play with chance like that.

It was in reply to someone saying to get checked regularly, which I do agree with. And saying for those of us who are 100% committed to safety, to still get checked out of habit ^^

No im not suggesting you did!! I just thought in my own opinion that your comment about getting STI tests was a little casual thats all! Yes i agree people who sleep around should get them! Of course but prevention rather than correction should surely be the best option! Im sure you didn't mean it in such a way, in fact it know you didn't but it just sounded like "oh sure shag who you want a just pop and get tested whenever " as if it was to become part of a weekly routine after doing the shopping!! :P I just think rather than do this people should be a little more cautious about their sexual adventures thats all! Dont shoot me down please

I'm not shooting you down but you've got the complete wrong end of my post. Read it in context to the post just previous to it please :)

It's hard enough for people to go willingly to go get tested without making it sound so daunting; because it's not. Knowledge is power after all and it should offer huge relief to many. I'm not making it like sugar coated rainbows, but equally not impossible to go on your own. Going to get tested is no excuse for unprotected sex but the first time for everyone is always a mountain. Making it more scary is only going to persuade people to avoid tests.

And incidently just to point out from your posts, using protection does not protect you from all STI's and still isn't an excuse not to get tested if you're sexually active. Things can happen which both parties might be unaware of. Better to promote active screening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

No im not suggesting you did!! I just thought in my own opinion that your comment about getting STI tests was a little casual thats all! Yes i agree people who sleep around should get them! Of course but prevention rather than correction should surely be the best option! Im sure you didn't mean it in such a way, in fact it know you didn't but it just sounded like "oh sure shag who you want a just pop and get tested whenever " as if it was to become part of a weekly routine after doing the shopping!! :P I just think rather than do this people should be a little more cautious about their sexual adventures thats all! Dont shoot me down please

?

anybody except the celibate and those in committed long term relationships (and even they could do with a just to be sure trip) should get tested regularly.

To be honest, your idea of being cautious instead of getting tested is rather naive (if meant as an alternative). No matter how cautious you are, you can't eliminate risk and they only way to know anybody status is through testing.

You should be doing both - exercising caution and gettong tested. One does not preclude the need for the other.

floggg wrote: »
    ?

anybody except the celibate and those in committed long term relationships (and even they could do with a just to be sure trip) should get tested regularly.

To be honest, your idea of being cautious instead of getting tested is rather naive (if meant as an alternative). No matter how cautious you are, you can't eliminate risk and they only way to know anybody status is through testing.

You should be doing both - exercising caution and gettong tested. One does not preclude the need for the other.

I think you are jumping to conclusions about what I said and maybe need to re read what you quoted me as saying. God why do people always jump down your throat on this forum? Now i remember why i stopped posting here!
    My point is#1 be sensible, #2 use protection and #3 get tested, in that order! I dont mean one to replace another i mean this is the order you should do things, and #3 may not be necessarily needed on a regular basis if you adhere to #1 ! Im not disagreeing with the argument to get tested just making the point the frequency and necessity of STI tests will depend on how responsibly you behave when it comes to sex! I know some people who seem to think doing #3 will cancel out skipping points #1 and #2! It doesn't work like that!! There should be a priority order like i have spelled out!some people are not responsible enough to realise this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Not getting a good vibe from this post. STI clinics aren't only for people who happily shag around. There's nothing wrong with being sexually adventurous when there are a couple of ground rules set and you are aware of safe practice, and there's definitely no big deal with getting checked out of habit. Telling people they should just have less sex instead of going to clinic isn't really helping anyone and it's veering a bit close to scaremongering if I'll be honest. Complacency is probably the biggest mistake we all make when it comes to sex.

I think you are jumping to conclusions about what I said and maybe need to re read what you quoted me as saying. God why do people always jump down your throat on this forum? Now i remember why i stopped posting here!
    My point is#1 be sensible, #2 use protection and #3 get tested, in that order! I dont mean one to replace another i mean this is the order you should do things, and #3 may not be necessarily needed on a regular basis if you adhere to #1 ! Im not disagreeing with the argument to get tested just making the point the frequency and necessity of STI tests will depend on how responsibly you behave when it comes to sex! I know some people who seem to think doing #3 will cancel out skipping points #1 and #2! It doesn't work like that!! There should be a priority order like i have spelled out!some people are not responsible enough to realise this!

I read it quite thoroughly.

It'd your language which suggests you see them as alternative approaches - you referred to "responsible" sex as the best option.

The use of the word option suggests they are alternatives - you can choose one or the other approach.

They aren't. They are both essential parts of a responsible attitude to sex

I also sensed a pretty judgmental give from your posts, so I won't get too self righteous about people criticising others. The comments about sleeping around in particular.

Firstly, it's possible to have active sex life life while remaining responsible. And there is nothing wrong in doing so, nor are less active sex lives in any way more righteous or praiseworthy.

But it's naive to say if you don't sleep around you don't need to get tested as often. Every six months should still be the target, even if you only have sex once within that period.

It only takes once. And even if you use condoms correctly and without malfunction there are still many STDs that can be transmitted from oral sex, or just physical contact with genital regions.

No sex is safe.

So, regardless of frequency or protection used, the 6 month rule should be a general rule of thumb or target.

floggg wrote: »
    I read it quite thoroughly.

It'd your language which suggests you see them as alternative approaches - you referred to "responsible" sex as the best option.

The use of the word option suggests they are alternatives - you can choose one or the other approach.

They aren't. They are both essential parts of a responsible attitude to sex

I also sensed a pretty judgmental give from your posts, so I won't get too self righteous about people criticising others. The comments about sleeping around in particular.

Firstly, it's possible to have active sex life life while remaining responsible. And there is nothing wrong in doing so, nor are less active sex lives in any way more righteous or praiseworthy.

But it's naive to say if you don't sleep around you don't need to get tested as often. Every six months should still be the target, even if you only have sex once within that period.

It only takes once. And even if you use condoms correctly and without malfunction there are still many STDs that can be transmitted from oral sex, or just physical contact with genital regions.

No sex is safe.

So, regardless of frequency or protection used, the 6 month rule should be a general rule of thumb or target.

Ok i think this will unfortunately be my last post in the LGBT fourm, I am sorry if i sounded judgmental, If you knew me in person you would know i am not. and my intention was never to judge I was just adding my 2 cents to the discussion, perhaps I phrased it in a bad way, but i just came here to discuss, It appears though there is cynical attitude to discussion on this forum and in fact a slightly fascist one. Opinions are not welcome it seems so i will reserve my time on boards to other forums and other sites where discussion and varying ideas and opinions are welcome after all that is the idea of a discussion forum!

J_E wrote: »
    Not getting a good vibe from this post.

I really dont know why?!!!
    But I'm sorry I don't fit in with the only type of opinion people are allowed to have here, i was under the impression we were allowed to discuss things here and give our advice to the OP, but i was clearly wrong, my mistake and apologies :confused:

I really dont know why?!!!
    But I'm sorry I don't fit in with the only type of opinion people are allowed to have here, i was under the impression we were allowed to discuss things here and give our advice to the OP, but i was clearly wrong, my mistake and apologies :confused:

Calm down. Your allowed post what you want, and just because your views are challenged it doesn't mean you aren't welcome or that you are being attacked.

Its a discussion forum and by its nature there will be disagreement. It would be pretty boring otherwise. Yes, we are all allowed give our opinion, but that also means you can challenge or disagree with others opinions.

As you said yourself, maybe you expressed yourself poorly. And from what I gather from your subsequent posts, you did - particularly if you agree that testing and safer sex should be practiced in conjunction with one another.

Instead of going, "sorry I expressed myself poorly" and we all moved on, you got defensive and accused others of not reading your post and being some form of facist. And got upset when we didn't all agree with what you accept was poorly phrased advice. And potentially dangerous advice at that given the way it was phrased.

I'd rather upset you then have people think they didn't need to get tested regularly just because they use condoms etc. That may not be what you meant but it's how your comments read.

And the judgmental vibe came from your comments about sleeping around. Again, maybe you phrased it poorly, but there seemed to be some inherent judgment of anybody who regularly engaged in consensual sex outside of a committed relationship - particularly when coupled with what was either bad or badly worded advice on sexual health and testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fudy

just be care alot say they are clean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Horselord

Where are these saunas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Horselord wrote: »
    Where are these saunas ?

Dublin. There were Cork and Limerick ones but they appear to have closed down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Locker10a I think its unfair to suggest this forum is fascistic and does not allow differing opinions. There are often strong differing opinions here.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement