Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice needed XBOX to Optoma hd200x to philips hts 3510

Options
  • 27-03-2011 5:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I am having problems setting my new system up properly and I could use some advice.

Optoma hd200x (2 x hdmi)

sony s350 bluray (1 hdmi)

philips hts 3510 surround sound (1 hdmi)

xbox (1 hdmi)

I tried connecting the xbox via hdmi to the optoma projector using the hdmi input, (worked great picture), then I used the hdmi out cable to go to the hts system (didnt work its output only).

I connected the xbox cable and the hdmi cable to the xbox and microsoft obviously never wanted both these outputs used at the same time.

How do you get hdmi audio and video out of the xbox then?

Why have a HDMI connection if it is not both directions?

Why would the optoma have an input and output hdmi if the sound cannot be filtered through?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Anyone please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

I am a little lost by what you are asking, but here goes:

Based on this manual here (page 8) there is no HDMI input or really any inputs of significance apart from AUX (like an iPOD/Headphone connection) therefore it will not be possible from what I can tell to get sound from your XBOX via HDMI/Optical as the HTS3510 cannot do that.

The projector has two HDMI inputs as seen here on page 9.

I am not sure where the HDMI output you are referring to is ?

Maybe I am wrong but it seems your surround sound system is no able to do what you want/need. You typically can either connect video to display and audio to surround system or video/audio to surround system which then feeds display for picture and surround system takes care of sound.

It seems you need a more advanced all-in-one surround system or should consider an AV receiver/speakers.

Advertisement