Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone explain why my TV is regulary blinking while playing xbox360?

Options
  • 04-02-2011 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I recently bought a Samsung 42" lcd TV. Its a great TV, but I am experiencing some weird symptoms while playing on my xbox360.

Now and then (its sometimes a few minutes in between) my screen is blinking off and on. It's only about a second or so, but it happens regulary while playing. Can anyone tell why it happens? my xbox resolution is set to 1024 x 768

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

the only thing I can think of is you may have a faulty cable or a loose connection. disconnect the cable at both ends check for dirt and/or damage clean and replace making sure both ends are firmly in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

If you are only experiencing this after connecting it to a new TV, you might need to reset the console's resolution:
    1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
    2. Turn the console off.
    3. Turn the console on.
    Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.
    4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.
    5. The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console.

Also, check the connections and cables as suggested above.

Advertisement