Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VO work queries

Options
  • 14-01-2014 12:14pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Due to other commitments (i.e. being told to focus on my work or my "hobby"), I gave up on acting training early last year. At the time, I was doing a few ads on local radio and had acted in my fist play. I really enjoy voiceover, and would like to get back into it.

I've decided to restart what I had been doing before I left - I've joined up for advanced acting lessons (important for vo work), am looking for voice training and will be getting some studio time booked for practice/guidance next month.

I've some money put aside for a good mic, and I was wondering what would people suggest is the best model for vo work.

In addition, what software should I be looking at?

Would be looking to spend about 300 in total so I can just practice getting stuff recorded in my free time.

Comments

Advertisement