Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly infestation in my shed

Options
  • 02-08-2013 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am living in rented accommodation and there is a large wooden shed built in the back yard. Recently when I have been in it there has been a lot of flies in it. Every time you open the door a burst of flies will come at you. They are not small they are big blue bottles. I was in it the other day and there was a severe amount in it. I went and bought the rent o kill fly spray and dosed the place in it. When I went back an hour later there were dead flies all over the floor. I swept them out and through them in the bin. I thought that was the end of it until I walked back into the shed about 10 minutes ago, I got another burst of them. All that is in the shed is some furniture from the house we are living in as we had our own when we moved in.
    Any ideas of what is causing this?
    Any ideas of how to stop it?
    I would be grateful of any advice,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is there something dead or rotting under the shed?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

spurious wrote: »
    Is there something dead or rotting under the shed?

Hi there,
    The shed is clean enough, Only furniture in it as far as I know. Not unless something got into it and died.
    It's looking like I will have to take everything out of it to find out.

Advertisement