Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker LCD tvs - quality?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering what the general quality is like on these Walker sets, haven't had a chance to see one yet and might not be able to for a while. I'm looking at buying a TV and I've a choice between a new walker 37" full hd with saorview, or a nearly new 40" bush full hd without digital, for a good bit less - the difference in price would be around what you'd expect to pay for a saorview capable set top box, so my choice is now going to be made purely on quality!

Are the walkers any good picture/reliability wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I got a walkers 19" for the kids bedroom -
    Good picture, dvd's are crystal clear even for non bluray.
    Menu setup is simple and straightforward.
    Built in sat reciever.
    Good TV for the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Had one dating back to 2007 I think. No Soarview which is a shame but it's been most reliable.

The menus and that are indeed simple but I wonder if they're too simple? When I adjust the picture settings I'm not seeing a huge leap of difference over a Sharp TV I have where there seems to be a more complicated menu but greater flexitivity.

Biggest downside on mine though is there's only the 1 HD input and while I'm at it all the inputs are underneath at the back and since the mounting unit is pretty flush to the wall they're damn hard to get at.

I've watched BBC HD and others on it as well as blu rays and the picture quality is good. Bush as far as I know were always a budget brand along with Goodmans and Alba they seemed to always be the cheaper brands in the Argos book if I remember rightly. Not sure how their TVs hold up though... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

problem with mine: the picture is too dark on films. with outdoor scenes its OK, but indoor scenes are a blur of dark colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Got one at xmas...has saorview...can't fault it for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Got one at xmas...has saorview...can't fault it for the money.
    Can you fault it for anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Can you fault it for anything else?

It's ****e at showjumping. :)

Advertisement