Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doom Trailer Online

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The FPS shots look really good! I dunno, I'm kinda starting to think this could be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

OK that 2nd trailer makes it look a bit better. I liked the FPS chainsaw moment at the end, made me laugh anyway. There seemed to be quite a few FPS scenes in it, could be good. I'll reserve judgement until the final product but as has been said, there has never been a good game to movie conversion. It's rare you get a good movie to game conversion too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Here's a short article from this month's SFX:
    Journeying into the very heart of Hell armed with a Big "Fragging" Gun is an experience familiar to an army of videogamers since Doom was released in 1993. Follow-ups Doom 2 and 3 threw more roaring demons at us, and this October the drop-ship finally crashes into the big screen. Fans are expecting minor divergences from the game story: instead of a lone marine trapped on an undead-infested Mars base we'll be watching a Special Ops squad on new planet Olduval smacking down mutants. And although the BFG9000 remains, The Rock (Who plays Sarge, based on a character in Doom 3) has said it now stands for Bio-Force Gun. As the photo at the bottom of the page shows, we expect the corridors and flickering lights to be faithfully preserved.

Advertisement