Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 9) April 28 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Sorry! For what its worth I do think he could be a super player.

God thinks so anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

doncarlos wrote: »
    Can't see Bohs not winning. We are missing Byrne and Foran who apart from Cherrie have been our only stand out players in a very poor side. Unless Bohs are a lot lot worse than I think you'll win
    In fairness we beat Derry last week without Burns and Foran so it's not a total disaster that they're missing. Shields got sent off though so he'll be suspended which is a blow. We're going to be very light in the centre of defence and midfield now.

Bookies have Bohs as very slight favourites which is probably fair. Bar last week our season has been pretty depressing so far. Still scratching my head at that Derry win. Hopefully more of the same tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You are following him on twitter yeah? oh sweet jesus i thought it was a pisstake at 1st.

Link to his twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

CSF wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see who is more abysmal, us or Cork.

Definite signs that we are getting our act together.

Hopeful of getting something up there. We seem to do well in Tolka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'll probably end up in Tallaght this Friday. It's comfortable and less than an hour from Carlow. Just noticed the Sligo game is moved to when I'm working, I was looking forward to that, bah.

Hopefully the weather picks up. Think there will be a decent crowd hopefully. Should be a good game. If we play like we did on Monday, we'll be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Setanta Cup final moved to the Oval, for the best Windsor makes Richmond look like a state of the art stadium.

You've obviously not been to the Oval then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What does the oval hold?

Always wary of going to UCD, regardless of the form or quality, of either team really. Should be entertaining though as UCD like to play on the floor as well. Last season this fixture finished 5-4!

stovelid wrote: »
    What does the oval hold?

According to wiki - 26,556 (5,056 safe capacity)

Says it all really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

The real El Clasico is on tomorrow! Town keeper is back after his sending off against the Harps. Walsh and Flood are also back and Flood came on in the second half, and played well after being out since the start of the season. Shaw however pulled his hamstring and came off at half-time. Hopefully we can do a job on them!

• Advertisement

Link to his twitter?

@MrPmilly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Pighead wrote: »
    In fairness we beat Derry last week without Burns and Foran so it's not a total disaster that they're missing. Shields got sent off though so he'll be suspended which is a blow. We're going to be very light in the centre of defence and midfield now.

Bookies have Bohs as very slight favourites which is probably fair. Bar last week our season has been pretty depressing so far. Still scratching my head at that Derry win. Hopefully more of the same tomorrow.

Yes but like you said, we are missing Shields who slotted in at centre half. I don't think we have anybody that can play in that position but at a guess I'd say he might move Mountney there as he would be our most defence minded midfielder.

Really can't see us getting anything from this game but wouldn't rule a 0-0 out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

One love! Mind over matter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Karl Moore via his Twitter account:
    Got the All clear for tomorrow, don't know how!!

Big boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

That_Guy wrote: »
    Karl Moore via his Twitter account:

Big boost.

Massive boost, one of our better players. Can see this pitch f**king us up tomorrow. Will gladly take a score draw :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Must have been a misdiagnosis? Hope he isn't rushing back unfit. Great news if He's ok to play though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

doncarlos wrote: »
    Yes but like you said, we are missing Shields who slotted in at centre half. I don't think we have anybody that can play in that position but at a guess I'd say he might move Mountney there as he would be our most defence minded midfielder.

Really can't see us getting anything from this game but wouldn't rule a 0-0 out.
    Yeah you're right. We really are screwed in the centre of defence. Heard somebody say that Ben McLaughlin is being considered as an option but I really can't believe that's true. He's progressing nicely playing at full back but there's no way he's big or strong enough to play as a central defender.

I'd be happy enough with a draw considering our defensive and midfield frailties. Any idea when Mark Griffin is back?

Must have been a misdiagnosis? Hope he isn't rushing back unfit. Great news if He's ok to play though.

Possibly. I'd expect him to start on the bench though. Missed him the last few weeks very noticeably too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Pighead wrote: »
    Yeah you're right. We really are screwed in the centre of defence. Heard somebody say that Ben McLaughlin is being considered as an option but I really can't believe that's true. He's progressing nicely playing at full back but there's no way he's big or strong enough to play as a central defender.

I'd be happy enough with a draw considering our defensive and midfield frailties. Any idea when Mark Griffin is back?

Griff should be back in two weeks. Heard last night that Burns has to go for an MRI and could be out for up to 8 weeks if it's ligament damage. Big big loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

Am I the only one who thinks 3/1 is a huge price for Pats against Sligo? Considering Sligo had the Crusaders match earlier in the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

How much is a student ticket into UCD?

NufcNavan wrote: »
    How much is a student ticket into UCD?

Probably a tenner, though I do know that they were offering free in 2 weeks ago when Bohs played there if you had a valid student card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

That_Guy wrote: »
    Probably a tenner, though I do know that they were offering free in 2 weeks ago when Bohs played there if you had a valid student card.
    Tenner is a bit steep for students, especially at UCD.

Barstoolin it tonight :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

cson wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks 3/1 is a huge price for Pats against Sligo? Considering Sligo had the Crusaders match earlier in the week.
    Definitely. Its a long time since we lost at home though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Tenner is a bit steep for students, especially at UCD.
    To be fair, it's pretty much the same across the league (it's a fiver for UCD students usually). And UCD are playing some fantastic football this season so, personally, it's well worth the money. There's been 14 goals in the 4 home games so far this season so you do get your moneys worth.

Midfield mash in the Sligo/Pats game.

Eoin Hand boring the hole off me.

1-0 Sligo.

OG????

Touch of the George O'Callaghan's about Forrester there.

Great to watch.

• Advertisement

Jaysis we are fcuking deadly right up until the 18 yard box.

Reckon there is a goal in it for us yet.

Advertisement